Check out Brian Wilson's hand-painted shoes, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. You should definitely check out Jon's photos from the Dodger exhibition game against Team Australia, here.
- Check out my contest to win a 12-pack case of Big League Chew bubble gum, here. All you have to do is make a post and "Like" Big League Chew on facebook. Go here to check out the contest.
- Via Buster Olney at ESPN The Magazine, a story about Clayton Kershaw titled "Creative Control".
"Baseball is so hard as it is," he says. "For me, if you simplify it, it takes a little bit of the weight off, rather than trying to figure out all these other things. It's just peace of mind."
- Cary Osborne at the Dodger Insider writes about 10 Dodger prospects with power potential.
- Via Ken Gurnick a MLB.com, "Adrian plans to play opener despite sore back".
"I need to rest, get off my feet," said Gonzalez, who was removed from Thursday night's 4-2 exhibition win against Team Australia in the fourth inning. "I've done a lot of walking around the city. I'll be good [for Saturday night]. I'm positive I'll feel better tomorrow."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Zach Lee – A new school kid with old school flair".
- David Golebiewski at the Gammons Daily writes, "Zack Greinke, On-Base Machine". The guy sure can hit.
He could have been Clemson’s slugging third baseman as well as its Friday night starter, if not for the impeccable command and pitching savvy that earned him a $2.475 million bonus from the Royals that June.
- Alex Markle at Chavez Ravining shares his 2014 Topps Yasiel Puig rainbow, and it's beautiful.
- How bizarre! Via a tweet from Bill Shaikin:
#Angels trade Mike Scioscia's kid to #Cubs for Wayne Gretzky's kid. Seriously: 1B Matt Scioscia for OF Trevor Gretzky.
— Bill Shaikin (@BillShaikin) March 20, 2014
- Via Chris Olds at Beckett, Topps is creating limited edition poster prints using old-time ballplayers from the 60's. They look really cool. Unfortunately, there is no Dodger on the checklist. Boo!
- Controlling the message. Via Pedro Moura at the OC Register, "Dodgers PR director speaks candidly in Australia".
"I’m of the view of giving it to our own website, which is double or triple what the readership of the Los Angeles Times is in print and online," Jareck said. "And we can spin it any way we want. You can tell the (in-house) writer, ‘here do this’ and they’ll do it.”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, Carl Crawford had a stellar day at the plate yesterday.
- Josh Tucker at Dodger Insider tells us about a unique decal that celebrates the games in Australia on the Dodger bats.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *