Here's Vin Scully in the broadcast booth at Sydney Cricket Ground, pic via @Dodgers on twitter.
- Check out my contest to win a 12-pack case of Big League Chew bubble gum, here. All you have to do is make a post and "Like" Big League Chew on facebook. Go here to check out the contest. It closes tonight.
- Mark Langill at Dodger Insider writes, "Opening Day memories: Jim Lefebvre".
- Tom Hoffarth at Farther Off the Wall has a funny take on the Dodgers announcement that little known Champion Broadband has signed up for SportsNetLA - the Dodgers channel.
- Topps is releasing their 2014 Museum Baseball card set next week. Check out Yasiel Puig base card to the set on the right, via @Toppscards on twitter.
- Via Jesse Sanchez at MLB.com, "Billingsley throws first live BP session".
"My arm felt good, so that's definitely good, especially being the first time going full bore with the heater and the first time throwing a hard curveball and changeups," Billingsley said. "I was a little rusty, but I was very pleased with the curveball. The timing was a little off, but I threw some good pitches, and overall, I'm pretty pleased with it."
- The Chattanooga Lookouts, the Dodgers AA minor league club, now has an official blog. Check out Lookout Outlook, here.
- I'm as surprised as anyone. Apparently, John Hamilton, the owner of the Newport Sports Museum, will be auctioning a bunch of his stuff at SCP's upcoming May auction. Tom Bartsch at Sports Collector Digest has the story. I wonder, does this mean that the museum is closing? I hope not.
- Rich Klein at Sports Collectors Daily writes, "Old Baseball Card Backs Sometimes Reveal Uncommon Courage".
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kemp homers in Minor League game".
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Bud Selig chimes in on Dodgers' TV holdup".
"I have faith that the parties will work this out," Commissioner Bud Selig at a news conference in Australia before the Dodgers took on the Arizona Diamondbacks. "That's all I can say. We always like things to be as smooth as possible, but there are always times in life when things don't work out exactly right. But I have faith the parties will work it out and I know the parties want to work things out."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *