Check out Tommy Lasorda and his daughter Laura in front of a wall of his photos; adjacent to a food stand named after him - "Tommy Lasorda's Trattoria". Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Check more pics from yesterdays unveiling of the changes to Dodger Stadium and the Dodgers private workout for season ticket holders here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Road-tested Steiner welcomes another Dodgers year".
"To have Dan Haren four and Beckett five, that's pretty impressive. And we haven't brought up [Clayton] Kershaw or [Zack] Greinke or [Hyun-Jin] Ryu. So the rotation is solid. And the bullpen, you've got four guys that have closed at one time or another. The pitching is probably the strength of this team, as of this day."
- This is the best story written so far about the whole Puig thing. Via Ramona Shelburne at ESPN.com, "Dodgers, Yasiel Puig clear air". It's a great read and phenomenal reporting; unlike some of the other drivel that's appeared recently.
"I asked them to please keep helping me," Puig told ESPN. "Specifically with baserunning and hitting my cutoff man. I want them to help me with everything they can."
- The Dodgers lose Seth Rosin and Javy Guerra to the waiver wire, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider.
- Jon also provides some photos and information on the newly created left field pavilion area, here.
- Mike Ozanian at Forbes just released their Baseball team value list, and the Dodgers are ranked 2nd. Go here to check it out.
- Michelle Rubin at Dodger Insider, "Dodger Pride Rewards Program announced". This is the new season ticket holder program.
- Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA has the background story on how AJ Ellis came to endorse 'Game On' beef jerky.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ellis joins Cards' Motte in fundraising drive".
"It's to raise awareness and fuel cancer research," Ellis said. "He started it last year in St. Louis and decided, let's do every team. Now $5 for every shirt goes to Jason's charity and $5 to each of ours. I will have my charity chosen by Opening Day. It's a great idea to help fight the plague of cancer. I'm honored Jason reached out. When he was a catcher in the Florida State League, we bonded as two defensive catchers that couldn't hit. He transitioned into an All-Star closer."
- Daniel Brim at Dodgers Digest takes a look at the value of Yasiel Puig's baserunning.
- This is just great. Keith Olbermann shares a newly found video of an historic moment in Baseball history. Check it out below. It's awesome! (Hat Tip: Sports Collectors Daily)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *