The DBacks mascot gave Justin Turner a nice little pat on the rear end on Sunday, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via Jesse Katz at LA Magazine, "Escape from Cuba: Yasiel Puig's Untold Journey to the Dodgers."
Once the speedboat navigated the reefs that shield the three-square-mile island and puttered into the docks at Laguna Makáx, the last of Puig’s obstacles should have been cleared. Free of the Cuban security apparatus, free of the American embargo, he could begin shopping for an agent and showing off for scouts. In baseball terms, Mexico was practically the United States. But almost as soon as Puig had showered off the grime of his trek—after his group had toasted their arrival with an unfamiliar beer, its label stamped with two Xs, and tuned the TV to a Mexican sitcom—the celebration came to an end. The smugglers were anxious to get on with things. The job was done. Where was the money?
- Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Dodgers insert Maholm for series with Giants."
Josh Beckett, Paul Maholm and Hyun-Jin Ryu, in order, will start the three games of the upcoming series in San Francisco, Dodgers manager Don Mattingly announced on Sunday.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Wilson nears return; Beckett on target for Tuesday."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Adrian Gonzalez, Dee Gordon complete Dodgers sweep of Diamondbacks."
- Alexander Guerrero is now playing in Albuquerque, via a tweet from the team.
Transactions: INF Alex Guerrero added to roster. INF Brendan Harris was released.
— Albuquerque Isotopes (@AbqTopes) April 12, 2014
- Guerrerohad a huge first game in Albuquerque. Via Christopher Jackson at the Examiner.com, "Alexander Guerrero shines but bullpen falters again for Isotopes."
"That wasn't what I was thinking during the game; I just went to the plate looking to make contact," Guerrero said through his translator David Longley.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "The Other Golden Voice of the Dodgers." Ron writes a great story on our PA announcer.
No, it’s not the golden voice of Hall of Fame broadcaster Vin Scully, it’s the other golden voice of the Dodgers – Eric Smith, the Dodgers longtime Public Address (PA) announcer and he is, hands down, the best in the business.
- Dodger Penguin headed to El Teyepac Cafe for the Jerry Reuss signing and shares his experience. Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy did the same thing here. I'm working on a review of Reuss's book that hopefully will be done by the end of the week, and an online interview with him the following week.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *