The newest issue of the Dodger Insider features Clayton Kershaw on the cover. Jon Weisman at the Dodger Insider blog tells us all about it here.
- Emma at Dodger Blue World shares a chance meeting with Yasiel Puig during breakfast on Monday.
Like I said, we found him to be very friendly, personable, funny and witty. We did not bother him asking him for a picture. We thought it was not appropriate but we loved the chat. Oh yeah, I forgot to say when he was talking about stadiums, he said to me “No me gusta Dodger Stadium.” He sounded serious but when I looked at him with a sad face he laughed and I knew he was joking.
- Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider tells us, "Where the Dodgers’ top prospects begin 2014."
- Pedro, I love you! Via his twitter (NSFW)
- Chris Olds at Beckett shares some preview images from 2014 Topps Stadium Club here. It is expected to be in stores on October 1st. Below is a 3-piece insert card that features Hanley Ramirez, Clayton Kershaw and Yasiel Puig.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Clayton Kershaw could need rehab start before return to Dodgers." He may potentially be out for the entire month of April, per Ken Gurnick at MLB.com.
"We're still a little bit on hold with Clayton," manager Don Mattingly said before Tuesday afternoon's game against the Padres. "In general the throwing is not meant to test him, but to keep his shoulder moving while he's not able to pitch."
- Via Enrique Rojas at ESPNDeportes.com, "Ramírez, Dodgers siguen negociando." It's in Spanish. The gist of the story is that contract extension negotiations are ongoing, and that Hanley has asked his agent to not provide him with any progress reports. Instead, he trust him enough to just tell him when it's done
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Wilson absent from pregame workout." Uh-Oh! And... The shoe has dropped. Via Gurnick on twitter, Brain Wilson has been placed on the DL for nerve irritation. Fortunately, an MRI did not show any ligament damage, via Eric Stephen on twitter.
Brian Wilson placed on DL. Elbow problems. Nerve irritation.
— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) April 2, 2014
- Tracy Hackler at the Panini America blog shares some pics of the card set they made for the Lakers as a part of their game giveaway. I wish the Dodgers would do something like this. Hint! Hint!
- Tommy Bahama just released a phenomenal Jackie Robinson shirt that is now available in their stores. Go here to check it out. They are rather expensive at $250.00 a piece, but gorgeous looking. From a press release:
Embroidered elements include Mr. Robinson’s retired number “42” on the right sleeve and front, along with his signature and the Tommy Bahama logo on the back. It also features his career highlights printed on the back. The shirt comes packaged inside a custom designed garment bag, with one of Mr. Robinson’s favorite quotes, “A life is not important except in the impact it has on other lives,” printed on it. Only a limited quantity of shirts will be produced and each one will be numbered. Shirt #42 within the collection will be signed by the members of Robinson family and auctioned to benefit the Jackie Robinson Foundation.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *