Clayton Kershaw was hanging out with Jordan Farmar and Nick Young of the Lakers yesterday. Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- "Vin Scully’s ode to Wrigley Field," via Dodger Insider.
- Via Eno Sarris at FanGraphs, "Zack Greinke on Curveballs."
He felt the pitch was a good change of pace because it was a slow curve — it averages just over 70 mph these days — and it caused the batter to be out in front of the pitch. But he wasn’t sure if that was why curves turn into grounders. “The number one thing for curves and grounders — they are low in the zone,” said Greinke of the pairing.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kershaw to start rehab assignment Friday."
"He'll be making more than one, for sure," Mattingly said, an indication that Kershaw likely would make another Minor League start next Wednesday before possibly rejoining the Dodgers in Washington on May 5.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Fielding an issue, but will it matter?"
As this first month of Dodgers baseball has played out -- remember, the season started way back on March 22, way over in Australia -- you can sometimes find yourself wondering whether this team is so good in two phases of the game as to make the third practically irrelevant. You can also find yourself wondering whether the third, at some critical point, might undo all the good the first two compiled.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Matt Kemp’s performance lost in Wednesday night’s win."
But lost in all of the pomp and circumstance on Wednesday night was another 2 for 4 performance which, for the most part, went completely unnoticed – the 2 for 4 night of Dodgers center fielder Matt Kemp.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *