Nom Nom Nom. Look at that chocolate cake. So, that's what the boys do for a rain out. They pig out! Mmmm... Pic via Yasiel Puig on instagram.
- Via ESPN, "LA mayor rebukes Time Warner Cable."
Garcetti used a keynote speech at the Cable Show industry conference to press for a deal.
"I hope that we can resolve the fact that our home town baseball team, the Dodgers, is not currently seen on all of our boxes around the city," he said.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Rain out, doubleheader create issues."
- Matt Kemp continues to speak his mind on twitter.
Racism is the enemy of freedom. I was raised to believe that we all bleed the same. No human race is… http://t.co/t5EAKJhI0s
— Matt Kemp (@TheRealMattKemp) April 29, 2014
- Pedro Guerrero lobbies for a job on twitter.
The strikeout is killing us. The Big Mac I can help hermano. @dodgers @lasorda
— PedroGuerrero (@PedroGuerreroLA) April 28, 2014
- Geez Louise! Talk about musical chairs, eh? Paco Rodriguez is back up with the Dodgers. Carlos Triufel, who was called up just a couple of days ago, has been sent back to AAA. Per a Dodger press release:
The Los Angeles Dodgers today recalled left-handed pitcher Paco Rodriguez from Triple-A Albuquerque and optioned infielder Carlos Triunfel to Triple-A Albuquerque.
Rodriguez opened the season with Los Angeles and allowed two runs in 5.2 innings in eight games before being optioned to Albuquerque on April 15. With the Isotopes, he allowed just two hits and struck out two in 3.0 scoreless innings in three appearances, picking up the save in his last appearance on April 26 at Fresno (1.0 IP, 10 pitches).
Triunfel was recalled before Sunday's game, but did not appear in the contest.
- Via Howard Cole at LA Weekly, "Is Dee Gordon a Flash in the Pan or the Real Deal?"
There simply is no diminishing what amounts to the complete transformation of a player right before our eyes. Where there was recently a skittish, frustratingly error-prone shortstop, now stands a solid, confident second baseman. What's especially impressive about Dee Gordon's development is that he has found a way to improve in so many key skill sets all at the same time.
I tend to agree with Howard on this one. I think that he has finally figured it out. Unfortunately, we may have a logjam on the infield, as Alex Guerrero comes steaming in from Albuquerque. I guess that's a good problem to have.
- GCRL wonders if he found Brett Wallach's true rookie card from 1994. It could also be one of his other sons, Matt or Chad. What do you think?
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *