Manny Mota chatted with Don Newcombe before Friday's game, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Check out more photos from yesterday, here.
- Via Mark Langill at Dodger Insider, "Vintage trunks store Dodger memories."
A collection of vintage equipment trunks are part of a new display at Dodger Stadium. They are located near the entrance to the United Club Suites on the first-base side of the ballpark.
- Here is a preview pic of a signed Clayton Kershaw 2014 Tier One Baseball Acclaimed Autographed card on the right.
- Via J.P. Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Daily Distractions: A scout’s take on Erisbel Arruebarrena." Apparently, he is all glove and no bat.
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider notes, "Vin Scully Award presented to Verne Lundquist."
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA notes that, "Dodgers not producing against left-handed pitchers."
The Dodgers are hitting .216/.286/.358 against southpaws this season, 30th in baseball in OBP, 26th in OPS (.644), 26th in adjusted OPS+ (79), 21st in slugging percentage, 29th in batting average, 25th in wOBA (.288) and 24th in wRC+ (84).
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Juan Uribe could still be headed to DL."
"He looks pretty normal walking and things like that, so it's not one of those blow-ups, where a guy gets shot and he can't walk, so we're saying, 'mild,' but we'll see," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "Hamstrings are tricky, because you can feel pretty good and, if you can't run, you can't play."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *