An elated Josh Beckett is surrounded by his Dodger teammates after throwing his no-hitter yesterday, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
- Via David Brown at Big League Stew, "Josh Beckett: No such thing as jinxing a no-hitter."
- Via Michael Radano at MLB.com, "Hanley remains on sidelines with leg ailment."
"It didn't sound very good," Mattingly said. "I checked with him this morning and he gave me the 'not good.' I know the [medical staff is] checking him out and giving him some treatment. At this point, I don't have anything on what we are going to do next. I'm assuming -- I don't want to talk [for the training staff] -- that we may go with an MRI or something."
- Via Albert Chen at Sports Illustrated, "Dodgers prospect Joc Pederson could be the next big thing."
If the Dodgers can somehow find room for Pederson on the major league roster, he could be an impact bat in the lineup. The knock against him has always been his struggles against lefthanders, but he's hitting .292/.378/.492 against them this season. "For starters, he's a lot more patient against them," said one scout who saw him this spring. "The change has been night and day."
Said Pederson, "Honestly, it really has been about being more patient. Not being intimidated by that sixth- and eighth-inning lefty specialist, and swinging at bad pitches to get ahead in the count. I'm waiting for my pitch and trusting myself."
- Evan Bladh at Opinion of Kingman's Performance tells us of watching Dodger Baseball from the Republic of Georgia.
- An old friend alert: Via Zach Links at MLB Trade Rumors, "Cubs Sign Manny Ramirez As Triple-A Player-Coach."
“While Manny is not and will not be a fit on the Cubs major league roster, we do think at this stage of his life he’s a nice fit as a mentor for some of the young talented hitters we have in the organization,”
- Jared Massey at Dodgers Nation notes, "Dodgers Minor League Players of the Week – Seager Won’t Stop Hitting."
- Via Matthew Glidden at The #5 Baseball Card Type Collection writes "Pittsburgh vs. Brooklyn for the 1900 Base Ball World's Championship!"
- Go Kings Go!!
Here's a huge donut dressed as a puck to support the @LAKings during their playoff run. http://t.co/nOA7WYg5ES pic.twitter.com/wqbveVffxQ
— FOX Sports West (@FoxSportsWest) May 25, 2014
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *