What an awesome photo of the California contingent to the 1985 National League All-Star Game roster, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 1995. Can you name them all? Answer at the very bottom of post. Of course, in the mix is Tony Gwynn. RIP, Tony.
- BTW, several Kings (names not confirmed yet) will be heading to tonight's game at Dodger Stadium with the Stanley Cup in tow. There will be a special pregame ceremony honoring the team and their 2nd Stanley Cup Championship. BTW, the Kings will have another parade through 3 South Bay cities (Manhattan Beach, Hermosa Beach and Redondo Beach) on Wednesday. Go here for information.
- Jared Massey at Dodgers Nation shares his recent interview with Dodger 2014 9th Round Draft Pick Matt Campbell.
JM: If you could, give us a scouting report on yourself
MC: I love throwing my fastball. No matter what the count, situation, etc. I love going to my fastball. I have a slider and a change up and I would say my change up is my favorite off speed pitch of the two.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Scott Elbert to begin rehab assignment in Ogden."
The collective bargaining agreement allows for rehab assignments to last up to 30 days, and Elbert starting all the way down in rookie ball suggests that the Dodgers will be deliberate and methodical in his rehab.
- Billingsley elects surgery, via a tweet from JP Hoornstra.
Surgery will be next week to reattach flexor tendon. 3 months until he can throw.
— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) June 16, 2014
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares a quote from Clayton Kershaw about Billinglsey.
“Bills is a good friend of mine, so I just feel bad for him,” said Clayton Kershaw, for six years a teammate of Billingsley. “I know how much he loves to complete and how much he wanted to pitch, and I can’t imagine going through that whole rehab process and finding out that news. You just try to put yourself in his shoes and be there for him the best you can, and realize it’s a pretty terrible situation.”
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Dodgers nearing deal with first-round pick."
The player, pitcher Grant Holmes, said he has an agreement in place pending a physical. The allotted slot amount for the No. 22 pick is $1.98 million.
- In the photo at the very top of this post (from left to right) are: Mike Piazza, Tony Gwynn, Todd Worrell, Jose Offerman, Raul Mondesi, Barry Bonds and Hideo Nomo.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *