Here's a great vintage pic of former Dodger slugger Raul Mondesi with his son Raul Mondesi Jr. from 1985, pic via @Dodgers_History on twitter.
- Here is an early peek at the AJ Ellis bobblehead the Dodgers are giving away to fans on Sunday, September7th on the right. Hat Tip: @DodgersBeat on twitter.
- Via JP Hoornstra at the LA Daily News, "Josh Beckett, Dan Haren give Dodgers some trades to ponder."
From the front office to the manager’s office, the Dodgers have faith that Beckett can make the necessary adjustments in the coming weeks and months. The organization does not perceive that his first-half success was a fluke.
Haren is a different story. His next turn in the rotation will almost certainly be skipped, since the Dodgers have off-days today and Monday.
I wouldn't be surprised to see Haren moved before the trade deadline; especially considering he is about 58 innings short (at 180 innings) of his option automatically vesting.
I would trade Mike Marshalls past for jocs Pedersons future. @dodgers
— PedroGuerrero (@PedroGuerreroLA) July 24, 2014
- GCRL shares his collection of oddball Steve Garvey memorabilia. Check that post out here.
- Craig Calcaterra at Hardball Talk writes, "Expert’s Corner: How to troll fans of all 30 teams." Just brilliant, and he's spot on when it comes to Dodger fans. We go crazy when someone does what he says. Check it out.
- Ken Rosenthal at Fox Sports writes, "Free Giancarlo Stanton."
- In honor of the Baseball Hall of Fame's 75th Anniversay and Inducation weekend MLB ballplayers will be wearing the patch on the left on Sunday in its honor, pic via @MLB_PR on twitter.
- This is both crazy and cool. Via Nick Schwartz at USA Today, "A Korean baseball team is filling the stadium with robot fans." There's a video so you can see it in action.
- Via Extra Mustard at Sports Illustrated, "We pranked a minor league baseball crowd with some free stuff that no one wanted." There's an funny video at the link above.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *