The Dodgers maintained their 1st place standing in the National League West Division with an 8 to 2 win over the Rockies yesterday afternoon. Matt Kemp had a great game as he collected 4 hits and drove in 2 runs. Also, Josh Beckett continues to be impressive. In 5 innings of work he didn't allow a run and walked only 3 batters. Graphic above via @Dodgers on twitter.
- ICYMI: Carlos Triunfel has been recalled and Erisbel Arruebarrenahas been put on the 15-day DL. Via a Dodgers press release:
Triunfel appeared in two games with the Isotopes, going 2-for-7 with three RBI, since being optioned on Thursday, and has a .213 batting average with one home run and 17 RBI in 54 games with Albuquerque this season. The 24-year-old has appeared in 10 games with Los Angeles this year, going 2-for-13 with a home run and an RBI.
Arruebarrena was recalled on Thursday and has gone 5-for-16 with a double and two RBI in eight games with Los Angeles this year.
- Via Brent W. New at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Mattingly mum on Crawford plans."
“I’m not that worried about it, honestly, right now,” Mattingly said about the impending return of Crawford, who has been on the DL since May 28 with a sprained left ankle. “I’ll just kind of deal with it when it gets here. We’re playing pretty good, (and) we don’t expect to make a bunch of changes and mess with what’s going on.”
- The annual National Sports Collectors Convention is happening later this month in Cleveland and card manufaturers have been unveiling the promotional cards attendees will be receiving. Panini Amirica's set includes cards for Clayton Kershaw and Yasiel Puig. Check out the rest of the set here.
- Paul Post at Troy Record writes about a, "Collector’s quest leads far and wide." (Hat Tip: Rich Mueller at SCD)
The Springfield, Ill. resident has a cardboard poster signed by every member of the 1955 Brooklyn Dodgers right after they beat the Yankees to win their first and only World Championship.
“The story that went with the poster is that it was made with cardboard and a laundry marker right in the locker room,” Rooney said. “I’ve always imagined that it was the first thing that group of players signed as the official World Champs.”
The makeshift article was no doubt made in a hurry, in the midst of the Dodgers’ celebration. The words “Brooklyn Dodgers World Champs” are spelled out in large dark letters, no doubt made with a marker. Individual autographs are all in pencil.
- Watch Yasiel Puig, Clayton Kershaw and Dee Gordon being congratulated for being named to the 2014 NL All-Star team in the video below:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *