The force was strong with Yasiel Puig last night. He recorded two singles and a double; while driving in two runs and scoring once. Unfortunately, a bad outing by reliever Jamey Wright turned last nights celebratory Star Wars evening into a rerun of the Star Wars Holiday Special. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014.
Dee Gordon also had a great evening. He recorded two singles, two stolen bases and scored twice. Unfortuantely, he also was caught stealing in the bottom of the seventh inning; which ended up being an omen for what would happen next. Jamey Wright came into the game in relief of a very effective Pedro Baez to give up three singes, a walk and a double. All five of those runners would eventually score and seal the Dodgers fate. The good guys lost the game, 6 to 3.
The Dodgers maintained their lead over the Gianst at 5.5 games. Now, here are some more links to check out.
- ICYMI: Hyun-Jin Ryu has been placed on the 15-day DL due to right hip/butt strain (LOL!). No... I shouldn't laugh. He's an important cog on this team and we can't afford to lose him for any extended period of time... But, I just can't help it. Pedro Baez has been called up in his place.
- And it just keep on pouring. Via Ken Gurnick and Michael Lananna at MLB.com, "Uribe day to day with tight right hamstring."
"His hammy tightened up on him. The same one as before, so we tried to get him out of there," Mattingly said, referring to the injury that caused Uribe to miss 34 games earlier in the year.
- Via Mark Langill at Dodger Insider, "Clayton Kershaw’s target: Burt Hooton and ‘The Great Arm Robbery’"
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "Alex Guerrero Is Right Where He Should Be."
Until he starts hitting again, he’s exactly where he ought to be. For the next three weeks, until the Triple-A season ends, he should be in Albuquerque trying to get his swing back and getting as much defensive time as he can. In September, he’ll almost certainly join the Dodgers, since he’s already on the 40-man roster, and he’ll be a potentially interesting bench option.
- Via Jeff Todd and Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors, "Dodgers Acquire Justin Germano." He has been sent to Albuquerque. You can follow him on twitter at @JustGerm.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Jharel Cotton, not Julio Urias, might be the Quakes’ ace."
- Chaos and Kanji gives us another post at a Baseball game in Korea - "NC Dinos Baseball Game, Masan (Changwon), Korea."
- Dee Gordon accepted the Ice Bucket Challenge. Wait for the end. AJ Ellis shows us the sexy.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *