Super Model Chrissy Teigen was getting chummy with all of the Dodgers before yesterday's game, so I blame her for Kershaw not being quite himself. She sure is distracting. The photo above features her with Tommy Lasorda, via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2014. Go here to check out a whole bunch of photos featuring her with other Dodger stars from yesterday. UPDATE: BTW, Kevin Kaduk at Big League Stew lets us know that Teigen was a drunken mess for her first pitch. Awesome!
To start the game, Clayton Kershaw just didn't have the kind of bite on his pitches that we have grown accustomed to. He struggled and gave up a flurry of hits before finally locking it down. In seven innings of work he gave up three runs while striking out seven.
In the end, the game was won an a walk-off flub. Juan Uribe was on 3rd when Andre Ethier meekly tapped the ball to the 3rd base side. Uribe immediately headed straight for home, and scored when the attempted throw was dropped by the catcher. Overall, it was a fortunate play that lead to a Dodger victory, and as you know good teams win games like that. The Dodgers are now ahead of the Giants by 2.5 games.
- ICYMI: Another injury has hit the Dodgers. Recently recalled reliver Paco Rodriguez has been sent to the 15-day DL with a Teres Major strain. Right-handed reliever Pedro Baez has been recalled Albuquerque.
- Panini America's 2014 Donruss Series 2 Baseball card set officially comes out today. Go here to see a bunch of preview pics from the card set. Below are preview cards of Alexander Guerrero and Clayton Kershaw.
- On the waiver front, Via Jon Heyman at CBS Sports, Hanley Ramirez was claimed by a mystery team. It's unlikely he gets traded, but you never know. Heyman speculates that he was claimed by a team hoping to block a trade - but who would want him right now?
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "Local Congressman clarifies proposal for ‘binding baseball-style arbitration’ over SportsNet LA." Hoornstra notes the high level of specificity in the Congressman's letter. He also has a copy of the entire thing for you to read.
- GCRL shares even more Steve Garvey oddball baseball cards. Awesome!
- Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider tells us all about the appearance of Ashley Whippet at Dodger Stadium in 1974.
- I love learning about obscure Baseball card sets. Jerry Spillman at Sports Collectors Digest writes about the 1908-09 Rose Company Postcards.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *