This past Tuesday was Steve Garvey's most recent edition of 'Garvey & Friends' at the San Manuel Indian Bingo and Casino, and I understand it was a great night. Reggie Jackson was his guest of honor. The photo above is via Garvey on twitter. Autograph collector David Park of Park's Autograph Signing's was there and shared his entire experience on his blog - that you can check that out here. BTW, he was able to get three Baseballs autographed by Reggie. Awesome!
- Paco Rodriguez is now on twitter. You can follow him here: @steven_paco_rod.
- Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com takes, "A look at some qualified GM candidates" for the Dodgers. So, who looks good to you?
- This is just dumb. Via Jon Heyman at CBS Sports, "Dodgers OF Matt Kemp to be fined for ripping ump Dale Scott's strike zone."
After the Dodgers' 3-1 Game 3 defeat in St. Louis, Kemp said, "Terrible. Terrible strike zone. I've never seen anything like it. The umpire took the bat out of our hands. When you've got balls in the other batters box ...
- Via S. Irene Virbila at the LA Times, "Dodger pitcher Clayton Kershaw and ONEHOPE Wine debut a Napa Valley red for charity." Go here to check it out. It is priced at $60.00 a bottle. See it on the right.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Hunsicker happy to be reunited with Friedman."
Hunsicker joined the Dodgers two years ago as a senior advisor and now is reunited with Friedman, who was named Tuesday to the newly created job of Dodgers president of baseball operations.
"What Andrew brings to the table is the versatility and ability to work with everyone, from the 40-year veteran baseball man to the newer, metric-oriented, analytical-oriented new kid on the block," said Hunsicker. "He has the understanding and respect for the traditions of the game that came before him and the uncanny ability to meld information from every source to arrive at the best decision."
- This might be the greatest hockey website ever. Check out wejustscored.com and listen to the glorious sounds of any NHL teams goal scoring horn. Awesome! I am, of course, partial to the Kings goal horn.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *