It's a painful realization when it becomes clear that the Giants are just the better franchise at this point in time. They've done everything right and have reaped the benefits, as a result. As Sheen would say, they are 'winning' and right now they are drinking that tiger blood. That being said, I shall root for that other 'Blue' team to slay that cocky feline like they're one of those rabid lions in 'The Ghost in the Darkness.' Royals, be Val Kilmer! Slaughter those Giants! The graphic above is via Jerry Hairston on instagram.
Below are some links to check out:
- This is worth your time to read. Via Janet Marie Smith at Dodger Insider, ‘Back to the Future: Building a Ballpark, Not a Stadium’. Janet is the Dodgers Senior Vice President of Planning and Development. She gave a speech at the HOF recently about ballparks and their history, and this post includes its complete text.
- Joc Pederson to play in the Dominican Winter Leagues for Leones del Escogido, via a tweet from Joc.
✈️ Headed to Dominican to play for @EscogidoBBClub ⚾️🌴
— Joc Pederson (@yungjoc650) October 16, 2014
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers, "A couple words from Jamey Wright on the Dodgers’ season."
“I’m still trying to figure out why I’m at home right now and not in San Francisco.”
- ICYMI: Blake Griffin recounts some of his experiences during the Sterling debacle with an article at The Players Tribune. It's well worth your time to check out. He ended the piece with a perfect quote. Check it out below.
“Some people are so poor, all they have is their money.”
- I just thought I'd pass this along. Detective Dean Cioppa of the Passaic County Prosecutors Office has been identified on Twitter by Yogi’s granddaughter, Lindsay Berra, as looking for information and leads from collectors in connection with the robbery at the Yogi Berra Museum. He can be reached at 973-837-7667. A $5,000 reward was initially offered by Crimestoppers according to Essex County Sheriff Armando Fontoura and that reward has increased to over $30,000 thanks to donations from Berra fans and supporters. As you may know, the museum was broken into and numerous championship rings and 2 MVP awards were stolen. Initial speculation suggest it was a contracted job since these items could not possibly be sold out in the open. (Hat Tip: Hauls of Shame.org)
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *