Last night was Dodger Pride Night at the Staples Center for the LA Kings game against the Florida Panthers. Dodger standout utility infielder Justin Turner was at the game to drop the opening puck and the Kings wore those fantastic 'Dodger themed' jersey's last night that were auctions off for charity. As you can see above, the Kings gave Turner his own jersey, pic via @Dodgers on twitter. Go here to check out more photos of the evening from the Dodgers. Later this afternoon I'll put up my own report from the game; including some photos I took and a peek at the jersey auction that garnered huge dollars. BTW, I was once again shut out and didn't win a jersey. Boo!
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Where Dodgers pick in 2015 MLB Draft first round."
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Yasiel Puig ends Japan series on high note."
- The Dodgers added more folks to their front office. Via a Dodger press release:
The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced the front office additions of David Finley as Vice President, Amateur & International Scouting, Galen Carr as Director of Player Personnel, Jeff Pickler as Special Assistant, Pro Scouting & Player Development and Jack Cressend as Pitching Crosschecker.
The press release provides more detailed background information about each person. Go here to check that out.
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "Dodgers likely to protect three from 2014 Rule 5 Draft."
- Via David Cycleback at Sports Collectors Daily, "Looking at the Photos of George Grantham Bain." He is a noted Baseball photographer during the early 20th century.
- Night Owl Cards does yeoman's work. He shares photos of every Dodger card that can be found in Kellogg's 3-D Baseball card sets from 1970 to 1983. Awesome!
- Panini's 2014 Classics Baseball is officially released today. Go here to check out some recently opened packs at Panini's blog. Below is a sample pack that includes a Yasiel Puig insert card.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *