Dee Gordon and Cincinnati Reds speedster Billy Hamilton got together for a photoshoot yesterday for Under Armour. Photo above via @BillyHamilton on twitter.
BTW, last night the Dodgers executed their first real trade of the winter. I'll have more on that soon.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Kevin Roderick at LA Observed, "Vin Scully offers career advice to Zev Yaroslavsky (video)." The Scully video is a classic and a much see. (Hat Tip: Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider)
Yaroslavsky had made it known often that he craved Scully's job. Scully responds in an amusing video I'm told was recorded in one take with no script and no Teleprompter.
- Via Yvonne Carrasco at Dodger Insider, "Kershaw, Ellis enjoying visit to Dominican Republic."
- Via Jeff Sullivan at FanGraphs, "The Weakness That Yasiel Puig Conquered."
Which is not to say that Puig simply eliminated a hole. In working to get better against inside fastballs, Puig subsequently opened himself up a little more against fastballs away. It’s hard to protect against all pitch types in all pitch locations, and adjustments tend to have consequences. So now Puig has just changed the distribution of his weaker areas. But between years, he set his mind to getting better against something, and it appears he mostly pulled it off. That’s not something we often observe, which is what makes this so interesting.
- The Dodgers have lost reliever Onelki Garcia to the White Sox, via Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors.
- Sign-ups for the 2014 LA Dodgers Foundation Youth Camp for the weekend of December 20th are current ongoing. Go here for information. Steve Yeager and Mickey Hatcher are just a couple of former Dodgers who will be there to teach the kids. Also, a current Dodger player will also make an appearance. It is for boys and girls ages 7 to 12.
- GCRL shares more Steve Garvey oddball cards; including a bunch of postcards.
- Via Jerry Crasnick at ESPN.com, "MLB addresses pace of play in AFL."
"I tell people, 'It's more complex than just having the clock,'" Haines said. "All these variables come in, and baseball plays happen. I don't want to speculate for MLB, but I think it's hard to make it that black-and-white. I want the umpire's discretion involved. You don't want a game decided on a technicality."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *