With Spring Training around the corner I really get a kick out these vintage press photos of the Dodgers in Vero Beach. Featured above is Carl Furillo hurdling over a bat held by Gene Hermanski and Duke Snider. It was taken on March 3, 1951 and was originally found on eBay, here.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via John Schlegel at MLB.com, "Kershaw etched among all-time greats with historic '14."
"Awards aren't why we play the game, but I don't take it lightly," Kershaw said. "When fans chant that [MVP] stuff, it's an amazing feeling. I remember a few times pitching, and fans at Dodger Stadium would chant M-V-P -- that's unbelievable. It really is chilling. I don't know if I'll ever get used to that."
- Via Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider, "Joc Pederson’s journey before the arrival."
“I’m excited (about next season),” Pederson said. “All you can ask for is an opportunity, and I hope I get one. So I’m just preparing myself to win a job. I don’t expect anything to be handed to me.”
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Andrew Friedman noncommittal on Joc Pederson in center field."
"We'll take some time in spring training and assess [Pederson]. We'll get a feel for him in camp and how he's handling things," Friedman said on Friday. "There will be a discussion we'll have with the staff, and I'm sure it will be an ongoing discussion we have between now and the last game in March."
- Via Stacie Wheeler at Lasorda's Lair, "Dodgers Continue to Add Catching Depth, Sign Minor Leaguer Ali Solis."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Andre Ethier defying trade odds again – for now."
- Listen to Andrew Friedman talk about sending Matt Kemp to San Diego and adding Yasmani Grandal, Jimmy Rollins and Howie Kendrick to the lineup.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *