Featured above, Kenny Landreaux, Justin Tuner and another volunteer visited the Long Beach Rescue Mission to serve and prepare meals as a part of the Dodgers' Community Caravan yesterday. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more photos from Jon from the event.
Below are some more links to check out:
- I had failed to note this down on my calendar until today, so I apologize in advance. Three Kings players will be signing free autographs later today at the Staples Store in Long Beach from 2:00 PM to 3:00 PM. They are Anze Kopitar, Jake Muzzin and Martin Jones. Go here for information.
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "Major League Scouting Bureau has Dodgers linage."
- With the TWC/Dodgers TV deal hanging in the balance, this story by Meg James at the LA Times is important; "Comcast-Time Warner Cable merger is no longer viewed as inevitable." It has been widely speculated that if they do not merge then the TWC deal falls apart and forces SportsNetLA into bankruptcy. I am uncertain as to how they chose to structure everything, but you shouldn't be too worried about the team if this is the outcome.
- Via JP Hoornstra at Inland Valley Daily Bulletin, "Dodgers’ Justin Turner aiming for a healthier 2015."
“I think the key to anything is obviously being on the field and staying healthy,” Turner said. “That was my emphasis this offseason, was to focus on that. Get stronger, get leaner, do some running stuff and prevent any breakdowns.”
JP also notes that thirdbase is where Turner is likely to play more:
“I haven’t talked to Donnie. I don’t know how he’s going to approach it, but I think they’d like to keep Uribe healthy throughout the year,” Turner said. “They might have built-in days off for him but I haven’t talked to Donnie or Wallie (bench coach Tim Wallach).”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *