Spring has just begun and Dodger Nation is already showing up in droves to catch a glimpse of the "Boys in Blue." The above photo of a couple of Dodger "fanaticos" was taken by Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics of his from yesterday.
Below are some more links to check out:
- Via Jorge L. Ortiz at USA Today, "Lean, mean, only 18: Dodgers' Julio Urias gets serious."
"Fernando already completed his own great career. Now it's up to me to do what I can,'' he said. "I don't know if I'll ever measure up to what he did, but I have to put in the work. I know about the comparisons, but I don't feel any pressure to live up to what he accomplished. I'll have my own career and hopefully it's a successful one as well.''
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Kershaw unimpressed by first 'pen session of spring."
"I'm healthy and feel great, but it was a pretty bad [bullpen session]," said Kershaw. "I hope the next one is better. I was all over the place, but my arm and body feel good."
Ellis saw it differently.
"He was really good," said Ellis. "I think he's ahead of us and just waiting for us to catch up."
- Via Mike Petriello at FanGraphs, "The Dodgers And The Cubans That Haven’t Worked Out."
- Topps has just released a Retro Spring Training 10" x 14" print available directly from them online. A pic is on the right. Go here to check them out. A version numbered to 49 copies is available at $24.99. I think this would look great with a bunch of signatures.
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA shares what appears to be the first Dodger prank of the young season, here. JP Howell did the ol' "hid all his stuff" prank on new Dodger pitcher and friend Joel Peralta.
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPN LA, "Corey Seager makes a good first impression."
“I just want to soak up as much as I can,” Seager said. “Just observe is basically what I’m trying to do.”
- I don't even know why I'm linking to this. It's just plain stupid... And slightly entertaining... Even if Tommy wasn't that entertained. Via TMZ, "Tommy Lasorda Nods Off at Hot Burlesque Show."
- Old friend alert. Former Dodger Nick Punto will not be playing ball this season, but may resume his career the following year, via Steve Adams at MLB Trade Rumors. Also, Dan Haren showed up for the Marlins Spring Training in Florida, via the Marlins on twitter. I guess all of that talk several months back about not wanting to play for them was just posturing.
- The Dodgers single-A affiliate Great Lake Loons will host Star Wars Night, via their twitter:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *