Clayton Kershaw was good last night - just not good enough. He faced off against Madison Bumgarner and the Giants for the second time this season and again came out on the losing side. Per Matthew Moreno at Dodgers Nation:
“The bottom line is I just got out-pitched,” Kershaw said. “Madison pitched better than I did and they won the game. So, not a whole lot of analyzation going on. I gave up two, he gave up one, he pitched eight innings, I pitched seven, so yeah, I got outpitched.”Kershaw gave up seven hits and two runs, and had a heck of a time with Giants phenom Buster Posey - who drove in both runs. On a happy note, Clayton is getting better with each outing. Per Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com:
"I think he's just getting better and better as the season's going on. I think that's the one thing we see," Dodgers manager Don Mattingly said. "There are years when guys get runs and years when they don't. You never know who you're going to match up with."The above photo was taken by Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more pics by him from yesterday. Below are some links to check out:
- This is quite an honor. Former Dodger owner Peter O’Malley will be honored with “The Order of the Rising Sun, Gold Rays with Neck Ribbon” from the Government of Japan. This is that nations highest award for a non-citizen. Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider.
- OMG! I'm pullin' for ya, Gibby! Via Jason Beck at MLB.com; "Gibson reveals diagnosis of Parkinson's disease."
"I have faced many different obstacles in my life, and have always maintained a strong belief that no matter the circumstances, I could overcome those obstacles," Gibson said in the statement. "While this diagnosis poses a new kind of challenge for me, I intend to stay true to my beliefs. With the support of my family and friends, I will meet this challenge with the same determination and unwavering intensity that I have displayed in all of my endeavors in life. I look forward to being back at the ballpark as soon as possible."
- This is fun. Via Andres Tardio at MTV.com, "Kendrick Lamar Walks Us Through His First Pitch With The Dodgers."
“This is amazing, especially being from the inner cities of L.A. We’ve never been to the Dodger Stadium on this type of level. I’ve probably been way up there,” he said pointing to the upper deck, “but to actually be in the dugout and on the field, that’s a whole ‘nother story coming from Compton. It’s a blessing, man. It’s a blessing.”
- Listen to agent Scott Boras talk about Dodger baseball (Seager and Urias) with Mason and Ireland on ESPN, here.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Jansen opposes hitters; Ryu nearing same step."
- Awesome! Greg at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle shares a new edition to his collection - a 1911 T332 Helmar Stamp of Zach Wheat. I added a couple of these to my collection a few years ago - a Bell and Rucker. Go here to check those out.
- You lucky dog, you!
Walk into the club house to this....Thanks @MagicJohnson #Showtime pic.twitter.com/ylMGLOb2U8
— Joc Pederson (@yungjoc650) April 28, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *