And the bubbles are back at Dodger Stadium... At Viva Los Dodgers they are.
The photo above is via Jill Weisleder/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more photos from her and Jon SooHoo from yesterday. Below are some links to check out:
- Via Mark Saxon at ESPNLosAngeles.com, "Joc Pederson's energy rubbing off on teammates."
“It’s fun seeing someone who’s always smiling no matter what,” Andre Ethier said.
- ICYMI: The Dodgers made another trade for a minor leaguer. Instead of a pitcher they pick up an infielder from the Blue Jays. Per a Dodger press release:
The Los Angeles Dodgers today acquired infielder Andy Wilkins from the Blue Jays in exchange for cash considerations and designated right-handed pitcher Scott Baker for assignment.
Wilkins, 26, was hitting .264 with four doubles and nine RBI in 21 games for the Blue Jays' Triple-A Buffalo affiliate and has a .276 batting average with 93 home runs and 371 RBI in 576 career games in six minor league seasons in the White Sox and Toronto organizations. Last year, the Tulsa, Oklahoma native appeared in 14 games with the White Sox in his only big league action and was also selected as a Triple-A International League post-season All-Star after leading the league with 30 home runs and 85 RBI (T-1st), while batting .293 with Charlotte. During the course of his minor league career, Wilkins has primarily appeared at first base (388 games), while also seeing action at third base (50 games).
- Via Earl Bloom at MLB.com, "Puig runs, remains on target; Jansen pitches."
"With Yasiel, it seems like he's doing more and more," manager Don Mattingly said. "All reports have been good. He should be ready to play some [rehab] games later in the week."
- Via Dan Arritt at ESPN, "Howie Kendrick settling in with Dodgers."
- Via Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA, "Meet Tulsa Drillers Deck McGuire."
- Via Mike Petriello at Dodgers Digest, "Yadir Drake Is Someone You Should Probably Pay Attention To."
Drake started off the season with the Low-A Great Lakes Loons, and played seven games for them before being promoted to the High-A Rancho Cucamonga Quakes on April 20. He played seven games for them before being promoted to the Double-A Tulsa Drillers, where he made his debut yesterday a memorable one by getting three hits, including a two-run homer. He’s now hitting .383/.471/.567.
- Left Field Pavilion made a fantastic fantasy Baseball card of Joc Pederson on a 1960 Topps "Star-Rookie" card. Check it out here.
- Hey, Bobby! Now you're really famous. Vin Scully gave him some props for catching a home run ball on Saturday with camera in hand. If you don't know, Bobby runs the ever popular Dodger Films on YouTube. Watch Vin's comments below.
And now watch Bobby's video of the catch below. He makes the catch at about the 4:27 mark:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *