A new tradition has been created. As you'll recall, last season Joc Pederson was called on by the Dodger veterans in the clubhouse to fetch some coffee from a nearby Starbucks in Chicago (as evidenced by this photo instagramed by Joc), so naturally they rounded up several more rookies (including the twice-struck Joc) to carry out the task once again. Featured above is Mike Bolsinger, Joc Pederson and Adam Liberatore posing with said cups after completing their job. Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015 on twitter.
J.P. Hoornstra at Inside the Dodgers has a collection of photos found on social media: "Call it a tradition: Dodgers rookies make Starbucks run for veteran teammates." Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider shares a video here. Jon SooHoo has a whole bunch of pics from the event on his blog here.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Farmer, Gonzalez tabbed for Futures Game."
- Dodgers Minor League Strength & Conditioning Coach Ryan Faer writes, "What is Sport-Specific Training for Baseball?"
The planned and periodized training program will usually start on the general training side at the beginning of the off-season, and work its way toward the more specific end of the continuum as the off-season goes along. The rationale behind this is quite simple: build a base of strength and motor control with general training, and then progress and transfer those adaptations to more specific training that matches the demands of the sport.
- Hmmmm. Via a tweet from David Vassegh:
- The National Sports Collectors Convention is around the corner, so slowly but surely we'll be getting news about the various promotional / VIP sets being given to collectors. Topps just announced that they'll be giving out a five-card "cards that never were" set featuring some Hall of Famers in a 1953 Bowman color format; including the Jackie Robinson card below. Go here to see the other four cards.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *