With exception of the National League losing the game, the entire All-Star Game was fantastic. From pregame to end, it was fun to watch. My favorite moment was when the "Franchise Four Greatest Living Legends" came onto the field, as evidenced in the photo above tweeted by @SportsCenter. From L-R: Hank Aaron, Johnny Bench, Sandy Koufax and Willie Mays.
The next best moment was Sandy Koufax's first pitch to Johnny Bench. Watch it below, via a tweet from @MLBGIFs. As you would expect, he threw it right down the middle.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Kershaws’ Ping Pong 4 Purpose set for July 30."
- Jon also shares the Dodgers "Dodgers Franchise Four" here - Sandy Koufax, Don Drysdale, Jackie Robinson and Duke Snider.
- A must read! Via Pedro Moura at the OC Register, "Dodgers' Joc Pederson brings pivotal minor-league coach to Home Run Derby stage."
“Show me what you do that is similar,” (Johnny) Washington said he told Pederson. “And we couldn’t find too many similarities. So we combined the three hitters and tried to make him. And he took to it well.”
“I was frustrated, but it was honestly the best move that ever happened to me,” Pederson recalled Monday. “It made me become so much more open and see what I was doing wrong and why I only hit in batting practice and why it didn’t translate into games. I’m still learning a lot about hitting, but it was special.”
- Via Kevin Kaduk at Big League Stew, "Clayton Kershaw says he isn't a fan of the All-Star 'counting' after taking loss."
"It was fun until I started giving up runs," the Los Angeles Dodgers ace said.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Greinke has Eric Gagne-moment in 2015 All-Star Game."
- Via Israel Fehr at Big League Stew, "Here's our first look at 'Ferrell Takes The Field'"
- Via Adam Hughes at Sports Collectors Daily, "10 Underrated Baseball Rookie Cards of the 1980s." Adam's list includes rookie cards for several former Dodger players.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *