I ain't even mad.
Juan Uribe is just a winner - a clubhouse leader who has a knack for knocking in the winning run while making you smile at your misfortune. And last night he did just that against the Dodgers. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com:
"It was straight over the plate," Jansen said of the 95-mph cutter that didn't cut. "I tried to elevate it, but it didn't move. He was a good teammate, he's a good friend and he was the best man today."I miss you Uribear!
Photo above is via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Below are some links to check out:
- Congrats to the new family. Welcome to the Blue, Bode Nicholas Greinke! Via a @Dodgers tweet:
Congratulations to Emily & Zack Greinke on their baby boy, Bode Nicholas Greinke, born last night and coming in at 19", 6 pounds, 5 ounces!— Los Angeles Dodgers (@Dodgers) July 24, 2015
- Speaking of Greinke, via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Greinke glad streak is over."
“If anything, I feel negative about it,” Greinke told reporters after his streak ended on Sunday afternoon at 45 2/3 innings. “Now I don’t have to answer questions all the time.”
- Via Carson Cistulli at FanGraphs, "The Fringe Five: Baseball’s Most Compelling Fringe Prospects" includes two Dodger players: Jharel Cotton and Tim Locastro.
- Via Murphy Powell at Beyond the Boxscore, "Kenley Jansen is doing everything better than before."
- The 2015 National Sports Collectors Convention is coming next weekend, so Panini shared some more cards that will be inserted into their wrapper redemption program for the show; including the Joc Pederson autograph card on the right. Go here to check out more preview pics.
- Roberto at Vin Scully is My Homeboy shares a bunch of pics of the Clayton Kershaw / Josh Beckett "no-hitter" bobblehead the RC Quakes gave out a couple of months back.
- Stealing Home at All Trade Bait, All the Time shares his experience at the recently held Baseball Reliquary Shrine of the Eternals Induction Ceremony; including a whole bunch of great photos.
- David shares his experience at the Masanori "Mashi" Murakami book signing in Whittier a couple of weeks ago, here. As you may know, Mashi was the very first MLB'er from Japan.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *