Yesterday was Photo Day at Dodger Stadium, and as you can see above there was plenty of room for fans to interact with the players. Go here to check out a bunch of pics taken by Dodger photographers Jill Weisleder and Jon SooHoo of the afternoon. Photo above via Jill Weisleder/LA Dodgers 2015.
Below are some links to check out:
- Via Jacob Unruh at NewsOK, "OKC Dodgers: Cuban infielder Hector Olivera’s journey to majors takes him through OKC." (Hat Tip: Dodgers Nation)
“It’s different when you come from some other country, and you come here and you sign a good contract that you know you’re set for life,” Vizcaino said. “The only thing you worry about is playing baseball. That’s a great thing for them, but either way he’s hungry to play, he wants to play, he wants to prove that he deserves that kind of money and that’s why I like working with him because he wants to get better every day.”
- Via Spencer Bingol at Beyond the Boxscore, "No one is swinging at Mike Bolsinger."
Per Baseball-Reference, Mike Bolsinger has a whopping 37.2 percent strikes looking rate, which is the highest rate in the majors by a 3.2 percent margin (ahead of the Marlins' David Phelps).
By Fangraphs' metrics, his 55.1 percent zone-swing rate is by far the lowest in baseball (minimum 60 IP). He also features the 12th-lowest outside-swing rate, and the lowest total swing rate (39.1 percent).
- For the National Sports Collectors Convention in Chicago at the end of this month Panini America is handing out a six-card set to VIP's that includes the Joc Pederson card below. Go here to see the rest of them.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *