Such young minds to mold. Orel Hershiser poses with members of the Jr. Dodgers Broadcasters in the dugout at Dodger Stadium yesterday. I'm not all that familiar with this youth program. From what I understand, the Dodgers take several kids under their wing to mentor them on the fine art of sports reporting and broadcasting. They do player interviews, report the news, and do play-by-play action of every 2015 regular season Sunday home game.
Sounds like fun, eh? Who knows? Maybe the heir apparent to Vin Scully is being molded as we speak. Go here for more information about this program.
Photo above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Below are some links to check out:
- Via David Adler and Steve Bourbon at MLB.com, "Dodgers sweep Angels on Ethier's 2 homers."
"It was the right time today to put us over the top," Ethier said. "There's not too many times in baseball where you get to take the last shot, and that was one of those opportunities."
- Via Anthony Witrado at ESPN.com, "Clayton Kershaw proves he's back in gear with return to action."
"He seemed a little bit rusty, honestly, early. Just command-wise," manager Don Mattingly said, blaming Kershaw's layoff. "It had been eight days since he pitched, but he got better as the game went on. His pitch count was up early, but he got it in line."
"It's crazy what two or three days off will do," Kershaw said. "I don't like days off, apparently. ... If I know they're coming I can deal with it, but this was a little bit different. Overall it worked out.
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Mat Latos makes strong first impression with Dodgers."
"You don't see any fear in him at all," said manager Don Mattingly. "He's attacking guys, whether it's Trout or Pujols."
- Via Steve Bourbon at MLB.com, "Ellis set to be activated from DL on Tuesday."
- It's back! Via Steve Bourbon at MLB.com, "Dodgers participate in Ice Bucket Challenge."
Friday, the Red Sox restarted the movement that went viral a year ago, and they challenged the Dodgers to follow suit. So Yasiel Puig and Enrique Hernandez stepped up Saturday and were doused in ice.
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA, "Institute for Baseball Studies receives Negro Leagues memorabilia donation."
- I'd like to extend a hearty Blue Heaven congratulations to former Dodgers Rafael Furcal. Following on Fernando Valenzuela, Furcal became a US citizen last week, via a tweet from Yvonne Carrasco.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *