The magic of the banana knows no bounds.
With the game tied in extra innings, Kiké Hernandez came out of the clubhouse to provide some good luck. Via Matthew Moreno on twitter:
It obviously worked. The Dodgers beat the Giants on a walkoff single by Adrian Gonzalez in the 14th inning, 5-4.Kiké put on the banana suit/jacket around the 12th, Friedman told him to go back to the dugout and that he would pay his fine.— Matthew Moreno (@MMoreno1015) September 1, 2015
Pic above via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2015. Go here to check out more photos taken by Jon from yesterday's game. Below are more links to check out:
- Ah, crap! Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Enrique Hernandez could be out for weeks with hamstring strain." In Hernandez's place is catcher Austin Barnes. BTW, with it being roster expansion time the Dodgers have also called up Joe Jackson, Joel Peralta and Mike Bolsinger from the minor leagues.
- Check out the cover of the September issue of Dodger Insider magazine, via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider. A pic of it is on the right. Clayton Kershaw is on the cover.
- Via David Schoenfield at ESPN, "How bad baserunning has hurt the Dodgers." This story makes me wonder if this is the Dee Gordon effect. That's not to say we never should have traded Gordon. After all, we've benefited greatly from the players we got, but it's clear that his prowess on the basepaths have been sorely missed.
- Sometimes they come full circle. Per Jeff Todd at MLB Trade Rumors, "Dodgers To Acquire Justin Ruggiano." As you may know, Ruggiano was originally drafted by the Dodgers before being traded to Tampa Bay a couple of years later. Here's the gist of why this trade is likely being done:
Most importantly, even during his MLB time this year, Ruggiano continued to hit lefties hard, as he has throughout his career. He’ll presumably be looked upon as an option against southpaws in Los Angeles. The Dodgers were in need of another right-handed-hitting outfield bat down the stretch after seeing both Yasiel Puig and Kike Hernandez go down to injuries in recent days.
- Jeff Todd also adds that the Dodgers have reacquired Chris Heisey from Toronto. Wha...?
- It is welcome news that he is being reconsidered, but as stated in the following article it's likely to come to pass. After all, Joe did take the money. Via Chris Cwik at Big League Stew, "Shoeless Joe Jackson Museum says MLB has come to a decision on reinstatement." UPDATE: Via Shawn Anderson at the Hall of Vary Good, "Shoeless Joe to Remain Banned from Baseball."
“I have reviewed our records concerning the responses of both Commissioner (Bart) Giamatti and Commissioner (Fay) Vincent, who declined to reconsider Mr. Jackson’s case,” Manfred stated in a letter to Marcley. “I agree with that determination and conclude that it would not be appropriate for me to re-open the matter.”
I think this should settle things. If they won't consider Joe Jackson for reinstatement then they sure as hell won't consider Pete Rose.
- This is super ridiculous, and hilarious. Via Tyler Durden at Zero Hedge, "The "Chicago Cubs No Hitter" Indicator Spells Doom For The Market."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *