Just another photo of an fantastic day at Dodger Stadium, as tweeted by the Dodgers yesterday.
Below are more links to check out:
- RIP, Tommy Hanson.
- Via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider, "Dodgers offseason update from Andrew Friedman." There are tons of great questions, so be sure to read them all.
On the Hot Stove market: “It’s obviously early in the process. … Right now, I think teams and players are in a fact-finding mode, and trying to get as good a sense as they can of what’s available and what’s possible. … For the most part, we’re going to be focused on pitching.”
On the prospects for Ryu in 2016: “Every checkpoint has been incredibly optimistic, and if success were dictated by how hard he has attacked this rehab process, then I’m 100 percent convinced that he’ll be back by Opening Day. But you never really know. Each day, each week, each month gives us more clarity, so I don’t know yet whether we can fully count on him or not. … It is a little bit of a wild card, and we’ll just continue to assess it as regularly as we can.”
- No real surprise here. Zack Greinke was chosen by his peers as the 2015 MLB Players Choice Award as the National League’s most outstanding pitcher, via a tweet from MLB. I wonder if this is an early indication that a Cy Young will soon grace his mantel-place. BTW, you can get the complete results here. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com:
"I always make adjustments to the lineup," Greinke said on MLB Network. "But I think Kershaw showed this to me the best. If you have something going good ... He does, and doesn't mess with them too much, and everybody sees how that works for him. I try not to think too much, and if you have a good pitch, use the good pitch, and you don't have to fool people that much."
- Via Joel Sherman at the NY Post, "Whopping tax bills come due for Dodgers, crunched Yankees."
The Dodgers are over for the second straight year, so they will be taxed at 30 percent for all money spent over $189 million. They are looking at a tax bill of about $33 million.
- Tommy Lasorda will receive an honorary Doctor of Humane Letters degree from LMU today. Find out more here.
- A new Dodger hiring, via a tweet from Jon Morosi:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *