Following up on Joc Pederson's plea to Zack Grineke on instagram, Kiké Hernandez went onto twitter with his own attempt at swaying the ace pitcher to stay Blue. He wrote the following while including the above two photographs:
You'd have to be a monster to say no to Kike. After all, how can you resist a guy who not only sports your uniform number but also dons that magical hairdo that had fans swooning.Dear Zack, I have no money to offer you but this is my pitch! PLEASEEEEE stay! 🙏🏼 #21 pic.twitter.com/BwEm0MAghC— Enrique Hernandez (@kikehndez) November 14, 2015
Below are more links to check out:
- Legendary Scout George Genovese (who worked for Giants, Dodgers, Cardinals and Marlins) passed away last night. RIP, George Genovese. Via a tweet by Bob Nightengale:
George Genovese, perhaps the greatest baseball scout who ever lived, passed away last night, his family says. #SFGiants— Bob Nightengale (@BNightengale) November 16, 2015
- The managerial field narrows even further. Via Mark Saxon at ESPN, "Dodgers' manager search looks to be three-man race after Erstad exits."
Humbled to be asked to interview for Dodgers job but Lincoln is where my heart is. Looked my kids in the eyes & knew we needed to stay.— Darin Erstad (@Dstad17) November 15, 2015
- I never believed the Dodgers could maintain the payroll they had, so it had to come down to earth eventually. Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Money is still an object for Dodgers, who are trying to cut payroll from $300 million."
That happened in 2015, primarily as a strategy to amass organizational depth by subsidizing close to $100 million in salaries of players who played elsewhere. The payroll will drop substantially in 2016, to what Boehly said he believed would be much closer to $200 million than $300 million.
"We're looking toward building something long-term, and sustainable," he said.
Leading the league in payroll every year, he said, is not sustainable.
"I think sustainable is more like the league average," Boehly said, "plus some, or plus a lot."
- Via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Jacob Scavuzzo keeps hitting, Dodgers showing versatility in Arizona Fall League."
- Via Erin Edwards at Dodger Insider, "LADF online Dodgers memorabilia auction begins."
Now through December 7 , LADF will be hosting an online auction with autographed memorabilia, including items from your favorite current and former Dodger players. Go to dodgers.com/auction to place your bid on autographed baseball and jerseys.
- Via John Thorn at Our Game, "Diamond Visions: Baseball’s Greatest Illustration Art." Thorn writes about some of the most fantastic 19th century Baseball art available.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *