Dave Roberts is the rage right now. He has taken over the town like a gaggle of zombies parading down main street. Since the rumors and subsequent announcement broke there's hardly been room on the newswires for anything but Dave Roberts... And that's a good thing because, by and large, when news this momentous engulfs a city like Los Angeles and it's not bad, then you know you're on to something. And that something feels like that old Dodger magic.
Featured above is one of many photographs dug up by Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo and shared on his blog. Go here to check out a bunch more from him.
Below are more links to check out:
- We may have a new trainer joining the Dodgers soon, via Will Carroll on twitter:
Hearing dodgers have new head trainer selected. Neal Rampe from Dbacks.— Will Carroll (@injuryexpert) November 24, 2015
- How did I ever miss this? Back in August Gabe Kapler wrote that men should...LOL... Well, men should make that extra effort to get some sun. Via Kevin Draper at Deadspin, "Gabe Kapler's Advice To Baseball Players: Get A Nice Tan On Your Nuts." Wha? (Hat Tip: reddit u/DOCKhobo)
Kapler writes about how vitamin d—which you mostly get from sunshine—is important for testosterone production, and that baseball players likely don’t get enough of it because they’re suited and booted with a cap on out in the field. Kapler’s solution to this problem is for baseball players to sunbathe in their birthday suit and get some sol on their cojones.
- Via Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest, "Looking at some fastball-slider lefty options."
If they don’t acquire a lefty reliever with a good slider, it’s possible Liberatore gets a long look at the opening day bullpen. Having a lefty who can throw a good slider against left-handed hitters is far from a bad thing to have. And I know we’re all waiting for Howell to pumpkin, because everything is seemingly going against him being as good as he’s been the last few seasons. Maybe he’ll prove everyone wrong, which would be for the best.
- BTW, here are some more praises for Dave Roberts:
Huge congrats to the @dodgers for hiring an incredible guy to lead the team. Dave Roberts is going to be there for a long time— Shawn Green (@shawngreen15) November 24, 2015
Congrats on my man Dave Roberts getting the Dodgers managing job! The Dodgers organization is in good hands a guy I always looked up to!— Juan Pierre (@JPBeastMode) November 24, 2015
#Congratulations to My New Manager Dave Roberts #dodgers #2016 #newyear #newmanager https://t.co/J5d54pnHJX— Yasiel Puig (@YasielPuig) November 23, 2015
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *