Check out this fantastic action press photograph, found on eBay, of future Cardinals Hall of Famer Frankie Frisch being forced out at third base during a Thursday afternoon game at Sportsman's Park in St. Louis. Making the play for the Dodgers is third-sacker Jim Bucher. It is from a game played on September 19, 1935. Unfortunately, the Dodgers would get walloped 9-1 this day by the eventually World Series victors. BTW, this photo was once a part of the fantastic George Michael Collection (a noted sports broadcaster) of Baseball sliding press photos.
Below are more links to check out:
- RIP, Dave Henderson. He died yesterday at the age of 57, via an AP report on FoxSports. I still vividly remember his crushing home run during the 1986 ALCS against the Angels, and recall being kinda sad for my other 14-year old friends. Secretly, though, I was overjoyed (since the Dodgers were nowhere near as good that season), and forever considered Henderson to be the greatest clutch hitter of all time (hey, I was 14). I also remember being more fearful of him than anyone else in that A's lineup during the 1988 World Series.
- Via Rick McNair at Bosox Injection, "Former Boston Red Sox Alex Hassan signs with Dodgers." He is 27 years old and signed a minor league contract as an outfielder.
- Look who's back. The Dodgers signed Elian Herrera to a minor league contract over the weekend, via Mark Polishuk at MLB Trade Rumors. Via Elian's twitter:
Thanks to the @Brewers for the last 2 yrs of support! I'm excited to be back at home with the @Dodgers in 2016! pic.twitter.com/6EHhQGpsvp— Elian Herrera (@elianherrera_3) December 26, 2015
- Nice! Cary Osborne at Dodger Insider shares, "The Dodgers’ best 30 plays of the second half."
- Harold Uhlman at Think Blue LA tells us a bit about, "‘Handy’ Andy Pafko – The Forgotten Dodger,"
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *