Here's another fantastic photo shared by Dodger photographer Jon SooHoo on the teams Instagram page. It is of Vin Scully sitting behind within the bowels of Boston's Green Monster at Fenway Park on June 11, 2004. They are celebrating some of the work of the 30-year tenured photographer as we near the end of the year. Go to this link to check them all out.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Ben Cosman at Cut4, an GIF featuring Andre Ethier made the cut as one of the most popular MLB GIF's of 2015. Apparently, folks love watching ballplayers go mad. Check out the complete list here. Below is the GIF.
- Via Jonathan Mayo at MLB.com, "Youth tube: Top prospects in execs' eyes." He polls the leagues GM's and other executives to discover that Corey Seager is the top ranked position prospect in the game.
Many polled pointed to Seager's advanced hitting skills as the reason for picking him. The fact that most see him able to stay at shortstop, at least for the time being, means he's also an up-the-middle player with the ability to make a tremendous offensive impact.
"I certainly understand Buxton's upside, but I'd go with Corey Seager," a second general manager said. "Rarely do you find a player with both a high floor and high ceiling. He not only has skills and tools, but also great makeup to go along with it."
"The impact bat at the shortstop position, plus the fact that he has been more durable, gives him the edge for me," one pro scouting director added.
- Via David Schoenfield at ESPN ranks the teams in the NL West and puts the Dodgers in the #1 slot:
Could they use another starter? Sure. Maybe they will make a big trade yet. Maybe they will hold on to Julio Urias and Jose De Leon, who could crack the rotation later in the season. The fans are restless, but the Dodgers are still the team to beat in the West.
- Via Eric Stepehn at True Blue LA, "Dodgers try to find another Dave Roberts in Rico Noel."
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue, "Yimi Garcia Unhurt After Car Accident In Dominican Republic."
- Via Danny Knobler at the Bleacher Report, "How Good Is Kenta Maeda, the Latest Mystery Ace to Jump into MLB Scene?"
"A solid mid-rotation guy," the American League scout said. "If you're expecting him to be a 1 or a 2, I don't think that's fair to him."
"A prototypical blue-collar starter," the other scout, who works for a National League team, said. "Think of a guy who might go 13-9 or 14-10."
- Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily takes a look at the "Most Valuable Sports Memorabilia of 2015," and a Sandy Koufax game-used jersey made the cut.
- Via Blowout Buzz, they point out a feature in the 2015 Topps Strata set that I forgot to mention. The "Clearly Authentic" insert cards include an MLB Authentication sticker denoting authenticity and specific game-dating of the jersey piece. With the recent scandals centered around fake uniforms still fresh in many minds of many this feature is a welcome surprise.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *