Happy Birthday, Sandy!
Today is his 80th birthday, so I figured I'd begin this kiosk with a vintage AP Press Photo of Koufax gleefully decimating the Yankees. Check it out above. This pic recently sold on eBay (link here). The photo is the aftermath of his 15th strike out of the evening during Game 1 of the 1963 World Series in New York. The Dodgers easily beat the bombers 5-2 that day, and went on to sweep them to become World Champions.
BTW, earlier this month I wrote several post featuring every Sandy Koufax card and memorabilia item from his playing days. Check them out here: Part 1 (1955-1959); Part 2 (1960-1962); Part 3 (1963-1964); Part 4 (1965-1967).
Below are more links to check out:
- You gotta check these all out. Dan Glickman at the Hall of Very Good shares a great list of some of the best links of 2015. They are all worth a read.
- I'm sure you heard that Yimi Garcia was in a little car accident in the Dominican Republic (link here) recently. No worries, though. He tells us, via his twitter, that he and his family are doing fine.
Appreciate the concern from everyone today—thankful my family is alright / Gracias a todos por tus oraciones. Estamos bien gracias a dios— Yimi Garcia (@yimigarcia63) December 29, 2015
- Newest Dodger prospect Frankie Montas continues a tradition that I hope never ends. On his twitter (@frankmontas) he replaced his profile pic with a fantastic photoshop creation. Check it out on the right. He credited McCarthy and Anderson for the inspiration.
- Alex Campos at Dodgers Way is absolutely right; "Dodgers Did the Right Thing With Chapman." The front office is in a "damned if they do, damned if they don't" situation, so why worry. They should stick to the plan (as they have been) and move forward as best they can. I firmly believe they were right to move past Chapman, and I am truly excited about the future of the franchise.
- Night Owl Cards shares a final look at his wallet card (link here). I too didn't keep up with sharing pics of my wallet card, but I promise to put up a photo of it soon.
- Listen to former Dodger GM Fred Claire talks scoutables.com and Baseball with Clubhouse Chatter:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *