Tommy Lasorda... uhhh... The Tommy Lasorda bobblehead has arrived early for Spring Training in Glendale. Photo above via @CamelbackRanch on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- Via Bill Shaikin at the LA Times, "Andrew Friedman Q&A: Dodgers grand plan explained."
I think large-revenue teams can sometimes fall into a trap of focusing too much on the current, and that is something that we have tried to be extremely mindful of. We certainly understand and respect the fans’ passion. It’s one of the things I like most about my job.
We feel like our responsibility is to do everything we can to sustain a certain level of success -- as you look at it over a five-year period, a seven-year period, a 10-year period, we’re able to play through that time period as an upper-echelon, elite-level team. And it’s not as easy as people think it is, especially if you devote a large percentage of your focus and resources on just the now.
- This is fun. Check out Steve Dilbeck's story at the LA Times, "These 23 things are guaranteed to happen during Dodgers spring training."
My laptop will blow up before the first exhibition game and my private computer repair man, General Manager Farhan Zaidi, will laugh and claim he lost his mini-screwdriver.
- Scout.com released their annual list of top 50 prospects and it includes Corey Seager at #1. Check it out here. BTW, four Dodger players made the list.
- David Young at True Blue LA writes about the tallest ballplayers ever to wear Dodger Blue, here.
- Check out this fantastic fan-made website in tribute to Vin Scully called: "The Master's Touch," here. It includes some video, audio and a great writeup.
- Below is a fantastic graphic that celebrates the career of Vin Scully, via VIPtickets.com:
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *