Throughout Spring Training the Dodgers PR department sends out helpful daily notes from Camelback Ranch, and I am happy to pass them along. See what they've written below.
|(Kershaw and AGon head ping pong tourney draw, pic via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016)|
THE FORCE AWAKENS: The Dodgers held their fourth full-squad workout of Spring Training today, getting in some team defense work (cutoffs and relays), to go along with live batting practice. Los Angeles, in its eighth season training in Arizona, kicks off Cactus League play this Thursday, March 3 against the White Sox.
- Pitchers who faced live hitters today were Scott Kazmir, Mike Bolsinger, Jharel Cotton, Jacob Rhame, Pedro Baez and Louis Coleman.
- Alex Wood, Brandon Beachy, and Jamey Wright all threw regular bullpens.
- Kershaw has three Opening Day victories, trailing just Drysdale (5) and Sutton (4).
|(McCarthy and Kershaw, pic via Jon SooHoo at @Dodgers on twitter)|
THE BIG SHORT: Standing just 5’9, the shortest player in Dodger camp is speedy outfielder Rico Noel, who was signed by the club to a minor league deal with an invitation to Spring Training on Dec. 23, 2015. Noel made his Major League debut for the Yankees last September, going 1-for-2 with five runs scored and five stolen bases in just 15 games. In six minor league seasons with the Padres (2010-15) and Yankees (2015), the Oklahoma native has hit .254 while stealing 283 bases in 344 attempts (82.3%). Noel has swiped 50 or more bases in a season three times: 2011 (62), 2012 (90) and 2013 (59). The 27-year-old was originally selected by the Padres in the fifth round of the 2010 First-Year Player Draft out of Coastal Carolina University.
- The tallest player in Dodger camp is Brandon McCarthy, who stands 6’7.
|(Roberts and Lasorda, pic via Jon SooHoo at @Dodgers on twitter)|
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *