Ahhh!... There's nothing like the look and smell of fresh leather. Take a look at AJ Ellis' brand new mitt -- a custom model job from Wilson. Pic via AJ Ellis on twitter.
Below are more links to check out:
- The injury bug just doesn't want to stop. Brett Anderson is headed for back surgery due to an bulging disk, via a tweet by Ken Gurnick. His surgery will be today.
Anderson has bulging disk. Out 3-5 months.— Ken Gurnick (@kengurnick) March 3, 2016
“I was surprised — I was shocked,” (Dave) Roberts said. “Talking to him two days ago and again yesterday morning, he just thought it’s a couple-day thing that would subside.”
“I haven’t talked to him since yesterday, but I’m certain he’s disappointed. He felt coming into Spring Training he was in fantastic shape and had a great winter, and so for this to happen, I’m sure he’s very disappointed.”
- Eric Stephen at True Blue LA has the Spanish radio broadcast schedule for Spring Training.
- Video: The Dodgers newest pitcher offers his first reactions after joining the team for training for the first time. (Link Here)
- Video: Dodgers third baseman Justin Turner talks to Alanna Rizzo about his expected absence during the first week of the Cactus League. Turner is recovering from knee surgery. (Link Here)
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "Roberts praises Puig for energy, outlook."
"He's been fantastic," Roberts said. "He's been healthy, he feels good, his energy, his outlook on things related to teammates has been great. We are friends, I'm friends with all of my players. You've got to have that trust with a manager, a coach, a player. Absolutely, I consider him a friend."
- This isn't the best of news. Hopefully it's just a minor setback. Via Gurnick at MLB.com, "Ryu to rest after feeling shoulder discomfort."
"We're just backing off because he felt something, but this is all part of our cautious plan to bring him back slowly," said Roberts. "It's not a setback."
- I love hearing about vintage Baseball card discoveries. Via Mark Townsend at Big League Stew, "Family discovers seven rare Ty Cobb cards possibly worth $1M." I should add that these cards are truly rare, and their actual originals are still a mystery. They are believed to be a part of the vaunted T206 set (since it's the exact same design and front), but that is far from confirmed. After all, no other cards from that set feature that unique "ad back." Nevertheless, even with the immediate increase in supply, I suspect they will still command a huge premium.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *