Kenta Maeda finally got a look at the promotional bobblehead the Dodgers are giving out on Tuesday, July 26th against the Tampa Bay Rays. As you can see, in the photo tweeted out by the Dodgers, he definitely got a kick out of it. On the right is a better look at the bobble, via another tweet by the Dodgers.
BTW, Clayton Kershaw was fantastic once again last night. For the sixth straight game, resetting the MLB record, he recorded double-digit strike outs and had one or less walks. Overall, he went eight innings, allowed four hits, struck out eleven and walked none to record his sixth win of the season. Via Ken Gurnick and Fabian Ardaya at MLB.com:
"When you see [Mike] Trout walking up to the batter's box and he looks at me and shakes his head like, 'I'm going to take my medicine,' that respect is earned," said Dodgers manager Dave Roberts. "There's that novelty, that respect that Clayton has from other players, so when you get in there, you're almost defeated."On another note, the Dodgers youngsters continue to wreck the ball. For the third straight game one of the kids hit a couple long balls in the game. On Sunday, Corey Seager hit two homers. On Monday, Trayce Thompson hammered two of his own. Then last night, Joc Pederson pocketed a couple while Seager hit another.
Go here to check out a bunch of great pics from yesterdays game from Jon SooHoo. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1931 Dodgers outfielder Babe Herman would hit for the cycle for the first time. He would do it against Cincinnati, and accomplish this feat three times in his career.
- Happy Birthday, Eric Young!
- It has now closed. The merger between Time Warner, Bright House and Charter is officially done. The company is now the second largest cable firm in the country. Now we wait to see if this leads to a quick expansion of SportsNet LA throughout the Southland. On a side note, don't be surprised if word starts sprinkling down that SportsNet LA (along with their other RSN's) gets sold, or maybe spun out as a separate company. Charter has very little experience with RSN's and it could prove to be a fantastic way for them to rid itself of some significant debts and obligations.
- Via Ryan Walton at True Blue LA, "Vin Scully talking about 'trick dirt'" There's a video so you can listen to the whole thing.
- Rich Mueller at Sports Collectors Daily shares an fantastic colorized version of the Jackie Robinson 1947 Bond Bread Baseball card. (Link Here)
- Is this something to be concerned about? Via JP Hoornstra on twitter, prospect Jose De Leon is on the AAA 7-Day DL. He had been suffering through arm soreness for a couple weeks now.
Jose De Leon (shoulder inflammation) went on the AAA DL. Procedural. He isn't scheduled to start before Saturday. Can be activated any time.— J.P. Hoornstra (@jphoornstra) May 16, 2016
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue, "Dave Roberts Doesn’t View Trayce Thompson As Everyday Outfielder Just Yet."
Roberts stopping short of proclaiming Thompson an everyday player is not an indictment on the 25 year old, however. “I don’t think 72 at-bats is enough sample,” Roberts said. “Not to say he can’t do it, because he’s going to, but we still have other guys who warrant playing time as well.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *