What's a ballplayer to do when you've got a day off in Toronto?
You go fishing, of course.
Early this morning, after what was a late night red-eye flight to the Great White North, both Adrian Gonzalez and Yasiel Puig heading out to Lake Ontario to cast some lines. As you can see, they were rewarded with a couple large salmons. BTW, AGon's catch was 24 lbs. Photos above via their twitter accounts here and here. You can check out more pics of their morning here, here, here and here.
Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1955 Tommy Lasorda would start his first Major League game for the Brooklyn Dodgers. He would last only one inning and tie a record for throwing three wild pitches in that first inning. Also, in 2000 Lasorda was named the manager for the 2000 Baseball Olympic team. They would go on to win a gold medal.
- Following Jose De Leon's fantastic outing the other day, Dodgers top prospect Julio Urias came out and pitched six no-hit innings for the Oklahoma City Dodgers before coming out. Per Eric Stephen at True Blue LA, "Julio Urias throws 6 no-hit innings for Oklahoma City."
Urias struck out six and faced the minimum 18 batters in his six innings, walking none. The only runner to reach base against him was Dan Black, who did so on an error by shortstop Zach Walters to open the fifth inning. After a pop out and force out, Urias ended the inning by picking off Matt Jeungel at first base to end the frame.
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN, "Dodgers' top pitching prospects show the future is bright."
"Tremendously encouraging outings for De Leon and Urias," Dodgers director of player development Gabe Kapler said. "De Leon's deception was on full display, as was his ability to sell his changeup. Urias demonstrated conviction and a crisp pace. His confidence was on full display as it is perpetually. Loved his breaking ball command and its late, sharp break in this start."
- I was kinda wondering what happened to this guy. Via a tweet from Barry Lewis, a Tulsa World Sports reporter, Arruebarrena has been suspended without pay:
Dodgers suspend @TulsaDrillers SS Erisbel Arruebarrena for rest of season -- also did that last May but he returned to play in July— Barry Lewis (@BarryLewisTW) May 4, 2016
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, "(Trayce) Thompson not allowed to fetch monster HR." Too dangerous, I suppose.
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue, "Dodgers Video: Adrian Gonzalez Knocks Out Rays’ Mascot Raymond."
- Awesome! Dayf at Cardboard Junkie scans his recently completed 2004 Heritage Star Wars trading card set; including scans of the reverse. Check them all out here.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *