Thank you, Vin!
BTW, the LAFD were first to welcome Vin back home after yesterday's game. They performed their own unique salute at the airport to the retiring Hall of Famer. Go here to watch a bit of it. The photo on the right via the LAFD on flickr.
Photo at the very top via Jon SooHoo/LA Dodgers 2016. Go here to check out a bunch of great pics from Vin's last here by Jon. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1951 Bobby Thompson of the NY Giants hit the most infamous home run in Dodgers franchise history. He whalloped an Ralph Branca pitch in the ninth inning at the Polo Grounds for a walk-off victory, 5-4, during the deciding game of a three-game series to decide who would go to the World Series. The homer has since been dubbed the "shot heard round the world." In 2005 manager Jim Trace is fired by the Dodgers.
- Happy Birthday, Brock Stewart!
- Video: Watch some Vin Scully NFL highlights, via NFL.com. (Link Here)
- Starting early Friday morning the Dodger Insider blog began their Vinathon that includes hourly post featuring photos, videos and stories on anything and everything related to the retiring Vin Scully. Go here to check them all out. (Link Here)
- BTW, Sons of Steve Garvey has a whole collection of video highlights of Vin Scully's last broadcast yesterday. Go here to check them all out.
- Via Matt Kelly at MLB.com; "Bullpen of the Year: Dodgers' unit finishes fast."
- Also via Jon Weisman at Dodger Insider; "Kershaw, Seager, Hill, Turner finalists for MLB Players Choice Awards."
- This past weeks Topps Throwback Thursday six-card online exclusive set features three Dodger rookies on the classic 1972 Topps Baseball card design. Check them out here to order. You have until Wednesday. Below are screengrabs of the Corey Seager, Julio Urias and Kenta Maeda cards that are in the set.
- Blowout Buzz shares a bunch of preview pics from Topps 2017 Opening Day Baseball card set; including the Clayton Kershaw card on the right. This set comes out in March. Go here to check out more pics.
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Roberts: LA hitting 'reset button' for NLDS."
"We're going to have to hit the reset button," Dodgers manager Dave Roberts said. "We played a team with its back against the wall and they played like it. They won three games they needed to win. We tried to play the middle, get guys rested and line up the rotation and things like that, get certain guys seen, and it's against what we've done all year. The workouts this week will allow us to focus. I just don't want any carryover from this past road trip."
- Via Doug Padilla at ESPN; "Andre Ethier placed on Dodgers' playoff roster."
"I told him from the very beginning that I don't care how many hits he gets, I just want him to have the at-bat quality that I have seen over the course of his 10-year major league career," Roberts said. "And I've seen it. The leg feels good, and the value he can give us off the bench late in a game against a quality relief pitcher, I like it."
- Via Carlos Collazo at MLB.com; "Urias likely to pitch in NLDS in some capacity."
"I'm not sure about the start," said Dodgers manager Dave Roberts. "We still have to talk internally and make a decision, but I think he's made a strong case to be on the postseason roster in some capacity."
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *