By 1950 Jackie Robinson was on top of the world. He had just been awarded the NL MVP, participated in his very first All-Star Game and recently wrapped up filming a movie about his life. Now, as we can see in the photo above, he is seen checking out an autobiography about him that was just published. (RMY Auction Link)
Below are more links to check out:
- Happy Birthday, Harry Pattee & Don Zimmer!
- Via Matthew Moreno at Dodger Blue; "Dodgers News: Kenley Jansen To Skip 2017 WBC; Clayton Kershaw, Kenta Maeda Likely To Follow Suit."
“It depends so much on the pitcher and what’s going on from a health and training standpoint,” (Andrew) Friedman said during last week’s press conference at Dodger Stadium.
“I’m a big advocate of the WBC, I think it’s a really competitive environment that’s good for a lot of players. But so much of it comes down to each individual and what’s going on at that time.”
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Great power earns Bellinger top prospect status: LA's No. 1 Minor Leaguer gets taste of big league life at rookie program."
The program gathers future stars from each organization for a four-day seminar to learn about life in the big leagues, and this year's edition included Dodgers No. 1 prospect Cody Bellinger.
"It's awesome," said Bellinger, who was joined by Dodgers top pitching prospect Jose De Leon. "I didn't know what to expect coming in. They make it fun. It's interactive, and you've got the top guys in the Minor Leagues right now, so you build good friendships here."
- Dustin Nosler at Dodgers Digest shares their; "2017 Dodgers Top 100 Prospects: No. 100-76."
- We've got an apparent new edition to the Dodgers coaching staff, via a tweet by San Diego Union-Tribune writer Dennis Lin:
Tarrik Brock, the Padres' first base coach last season, is now the Dodgers' outfield and baserunning coordinator. He'll do well.— Dennis Lin (@sdutdennislin) January 16, 2017
Tarrick began his coaching career in 2006 with the Dodgers rookie-level farm affiliate Ogden Raptos. The next season he moved on to the Marlins to be their outfield and baserunning coordinator from 2007 to 2013. After that he was a first base coach for the Astros in 2014, and then an minor league coordinator and first base coach for the Padres the following two seasons.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *