Yasiel Puig contributed in a big way last night when he walloped his first home run of the season. It came about in the fourth inning against Trevor Cahill, and added a bit of cushion to a Dodgers lead. You can watch him chat about his homer with Alanna Rizzo here. Per Doug Padilla at ESPN:
“My teammates are doing a great job,” Puig said. “They are all in the right [lineup] position and they have all been doing their job. They are in the position that is right for them. Now it’s my turn.”The Dodgers defeated San Diego, 3-1. Photo at the very top via Jon SooHoo/Dodgers 2017 @Dodgers on twitter. Below are more links to check out:
- This Day in Dodgers History: In 1982 the Dodgers raise their 1981 World Series banner at Dodger Stadium. In 2004 Dodger third baseman Adrian Beltre becomes the 36th player in hostory to hit 100 home runs before the age of 25.
- Happy Birthday, Red Smith, Tom Fitzsimmons, Ernie Lombardi, Dee Moore, Jim Romano, Don Elston & Phil Regan!
- ICYMI: Listen to Vin Scully narrate the start of the Dodgers season and pass the torch. (link here)
- Video: Hear from Dave Roberts after the Dodgers 3-1 win over the Padres on Wednesday night. (Video Link)
- Video: Alanna Rizzo caught up with Justin Turner after going 2-4 in the Dodgers win over the Padres on Wednesday. (Video Link)
- Via Cash Kruth and Oliver Macklin at MLB.com; "Report: Guerrero awakens from coma after stroke."
"It is a miracle that Pedro is alive, completely conscious and speaking clearly two days after a doctor basically declared him brain dead," Roxanna Guerrero told ESPN. "This is a miracle."
- Via Jacob Unruh at NewsOK; "Cody Bellinger latest top prospect to come through OKC."
“You know, it's cool but I just put it in the back of my mind and approach it the same way I did last year in Rancho,” Bellinger said.
“It's the same game. Obviously, this is the last (step) before the big leagues so you want to come out and prove what you can do.”
- Age is catching up with him. Per Eric Stephen at True Blue LA; "Andre Ethier still feels soreness in back, no timetable for return."
- Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com; "Kershaw uniquely qualified to relate to Urias."
"I think they did a really good job of increasing my workload gradually each year," Kershaw said of former general manager Ned Colletti's front office. "I didn't feel like I was not getting to pitch, but at the same time, I feel like they took care of me, too. The tricky part for them -- and different in Julio's case -- is that he's really had decent success. He hasn't struggled."
- Via Ron Cervenka at Think Blue LA; "'I’m officially a Dodger!' – Sergio Romo."
“It was good, exciting. You gotta be ready for anything, right?” Romo said, after his first scoreless inning as a Dodger. “Tell me to be ready by the sixth and there I was pitching in the sixth. It was fun you know, getting in the box score. I’m officially a Dodger! It was exciting to hear my song being played and to see the crowd reaction to it when they announced my name there. Yeah, I’m happy with it.”
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *