By the way, be sure to enter into the free drawing to win the Beatles Sgt. Peppers Lonely Hearts Club BandCD by going here and making a comment.
- Check out Greg's story at Plaschke, Thy Sweater is Argyle about camping out to meet Matt Kemp.
- Via AJ Cassavell at MLB.com, Davey Lopes is the reason for the Dodgers success on the basepaths this season.
- The demise of the lazy- Dioner Navarro. Per Dylan Hernandez, Navarro's lack of preparedness is the reason for his reassignment.
"I believe in work, very simple," Mattingly said. "I believe you have to work and work and work — and that's if you're going good. I don't care who you are. Matt Kemp … has to keep getting after it. I just believe in that."
- Matt Kemp is the Hero, But James Loney is the Conundrum, via Mike Scioscia's Tragic Illness.
- True to the Blue was at the recent Dee Gordon signing.
- Cards That Never Were makes a 1957 Topps card for former Dodger Joe Black in a Senators uniform.
- Dodger prospect, Kyle Russell, talks about his recent promotion, via Examiner.com.
- Sports Card Info visited Williamsport to watch some Little League World Series games and to get some pins.
- Nick Diunte writes a great feature on Carl Erskine at Examiner.com.
- Then, watch Nick's interview with Carl Erskine as talks about how Cuba revolutionized his curveball. (Hat Tip: Examiner.com)