Here is another 2011 Topps Triple Threads card I ran into on eBay. It's a combination jumbo jersey and autograph book card of Andre Ethier. It sold at a lofty $197.50. I'm amazed at how much a premium jumbo patches receive. (Auction Link)
- Kevin Kennedy will be the new post-game 'Dodger Talk' host on 570 KLAC, via Tom Hoffarth at DailyNews.com. When did the Dodgers move from AM790 KABC to AM570 KLAC? Also, I must have heard about this already, but forgot.
- LA Confidential sits down and interviews Matt Kemp.
- I'm getting tired about hearing that Cuban, Magic or some other guy will be making a bid for the Dodgers. Let's get to the auction already and close this thing.
- Andre Ethier gets a New Balance endorsement deal, via Vin Scully Is My Homeboy.
- Bob Lemke puts together a gorgeous 1967 Topps style custom card featuring Koufax and Denny McLain. Then check out his great looking card of Sandy Koufax all alone on his own 1967 Topps card, here.
- I have the greatest and utmost respect for Wayne Gretzky. After years of being relegated to second class status in Los Angeles he brought LA Kings hockey front and center. It was a joy to see the games popularity skyrocket. Now, my respect shifts to infatuation as I now understand that he has a hot daughter. Check out her twitter feed with pics before it disappears. Apparently, Wayne isn't happy that she has been so forward.
- Here is a great Christmas gift idea for the hockey/ Kings fan within you. Consider a signed Kings ornament by your favorite player. Check out some details here at Kings Court.
- Tom Hoffarth also tells us that you can now buy a share of the Green Bay Packers at $250.00 a pop. This the first time it has been available in 14 years.
- Ryan at This Card is Cool is ambitiously putting together a online resource focused on Japanese Baseball cards. I can't wait to check it out when it is ready to go.
- I don't often watch TMZ, but when I do it's to hate Frank McCourt. Here are some thoughts on proper etiquette to do just that. On an aside, I don't really hate the man. Really, I don't. I kinda feel sorry for him. He owned one of the greatest sports franchises in the world and is about to lose it. Sure, he mismanaged the organization and lost the trust of the fanbase, but he doesn't deserve to be criticized because of the divorce. I don't believe it's his fault. His wife is a lying cheating whore.