- Feelin' Kinda Blue notifies us that Dodgers prospect Blake Smith won the Panamanian Winter League MVP award.
Smith, 24, crushed pitching in the league, posting a .352/.475/.602 triple slash with five home runs, 26 RBI, 10 doubles and 20 walks.
- Halos Heaven sure likes to twist that knife.
- A special message from (BAT) Baseball Assistance Team-
Baseball Hall of Famers Sandy Koufax, Willie Mays and Tom Seaver have joined the list of the more than 100 current and former Major Leaguers who are scheduled to attend the 23rd annual “Going to Bat for B.A.T. Fundraising Dinner presented by Natural Balance Pet Foods” celebrating the 50th anniversary of the New York Mets. The annual fundraising dinner, which benefits the Baseball Assistance Team (B.A.T.), will be held on Tuesday, January 24, 2012 at the New York Marriott Marquis Hotel in Times Square.Go here for more details. In addition, the Dodgers get an award as well.
For the second consecutive year, both the New York Yankees and the Los Angeles Dodgers will be recognized as the recipients of the annual Bobby Murcer Award. In 2009, B.A.T. established the award in honor of the late B.A.T. Chairman, MLB All-Star and Yankees legend. The award is presented to the team in both the American League and National League whose players contribute the most amount of money to B.A.T. through the B.A.T. Payroll Deduction Program that previous season.For more information about B.A.T., to purchase tickets for the dinner, or to make a donation, phone 212-931-7821 or visit BaseballAssistanceTeam.com.
- I went to a fight and a hockey game broke out. Check out Puck Daddy's top 10 hockey fights of the year.
- The Dodgers announce their minor league coaching staffs. See the official press release, here.
After a successful 2011 season throughout the Dodger organization, Albuquerque and Chattanooga will return their entire coaching staffs next season, while the club will keep in place the managers from six of its seven minor league affiliates. Last season, four of the Dodgers’ seven affiliates reached the postseason with the Rookie-level Arizona League Dodgers winning their league championship. The organization posted a combined .543 winning percentage (414-349), which was the second-highest winning percentage among Major League teams last season.
- Check out the LA Kings holiday message here.
- Cards That Never Were shows off some awesome homemade Santa Baseball cards.
- Check out this video of 50 great sports plays of 2011- all in 4 and a half minutes.
Friday, December 23, 2011
Blog Kiosk: 12/23/2011
Have a very merry holiday!