The Los Angeles Dodgers today announced the signing of outfielder Bobby Abreu to a one-year contract and optioned infielder Justin Sellers to Triple-A Albuquerque. General Manager Ned Colletti made the announcement.
“Bobby has consistently performed throughout his career and brings his winning experience to the clubhouse,” said Colletti. “He gives us a left-handed bat off the bench and will also see time in the outfield. He has been a very good hitter throughout his career, he knows how to work a count and has been a run producer.”
- BTW, Matt Kemp was named MLB's National League Player of the Month of April.
- Maury Brown at the Biz of Baseball tells us how much Selig disliked McCourt. (Hat Tip: 6-4-2)
For those counting, that’s seven all-too-clear comments about Selig’s dislike for McCourt. Along with the comments, there is the absence of any positive statements about McCourt, something that Selig and the league nearly always do when there is an outgoing owner.
- Summer Anne Burton shares he drawing of Don Drysdale at Every Hall of Famer. She begins the drawing with a classic Drysdale quote:
I start the game mad and I stay that way until it's over.
- Attention all men! Kate Upton is getting a Baseball card. It'll be in this coming Allen & Ginter set, via ESPN.
- Jose "frick'n" Canseco wants to be a write-in candidate for this years All-Star Game, via the Hall of Very Good. I say, let him in!
- A 1961 Wilie Mays uniform walks into the antique Roadshow, via Sports Collectors Daily.
- I literally live a couple of blogs from this place. Jared Weaver celebrated his no-hitter by partying at "The Goat" in Costa Mesa, via TMZ.