- Matt Kemp now has his own website. Check it out here. (Hat Tip: Vin Scully is My Homeboy)
- Dodgers photograph Jon SooHoo posted up a bunch of pics from a 2004 photo shoot that includes some young and green aspiring Major Leaguers; including a young Kemp, Victorino, Ellis, etc.
- Ken Rosenthal writes "Why the Dodgers Didn't Get Dempster."
They had four young pitchers whom they refused to trade for a potential free agent such as right-hander Ryan Dempster. And they ultimately lost Dempster to the Texas Rangers when none of their other offers satisfied the Chicago Cubs.
The four untouchables in the Dempster talks, according to major-league sources, were right-handers Zach Lee, Allen Webster and Rubby De La Rosa, and left-hander Chris Reed.
- Bobby Abreau has been designated for assignment to allow Shane Victorino onto the roster, via a Dodgers press release.
- In other recent Dodger signings, apparently Ned Colletti made a move to sign another former Dodger, via twitter @VladimirShpunt.
- Mr. Grumpy, Kirk Gibson, is not a fan of his bobblehead, via Andrew L. John at the LA Times.
“I think it’s totally ridiculous,” said Gibson, who is in town as the manager of the Arizona Diamondbacks. The Dodgers face the Diamondbacks Tuesday and Wednesday.
“It’s not my style, to be honest with you," Gibson said. “Yeah, I do have a history here. It was a very cool thing that happened while I was here. I got to experience a world championship with some great teammates.”
- Chad Moriyama gifcap's the heck out of Hairston's error last night, and I am thankful for it.
- The Jolly Tomato writes a review of Dodger Stadium culinary delights. (Hat Tip: Dodger Thoughts)
- Check out this incredible Letter of Note. The only nephew of Hitler sents a letter to President Roosevelt seeking his help in allowing him to fight under the stars and stripes. He had previously been denied because of his last name.
Your favorable decision on my appeal alone would ensure that continued benevolent spirit on the part of the American people, which today I feel so much a part of. I most respectfully assure you, Mr. President, that as in the past I would do my utmost in the future to be worthy of the great honour I am seeking through your kind aid, in the sure knowledge that my endeavors on behalf of the great principles of Democracy will at least bear favourable comparison to the activities of many individuals who for so long have been unworthy of the fine privilege of calling themselves Americans.
- Have you ever wondered how they make those memorabilia/relic infused cards? Well, Panini shares a video showing the entire process.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *