- How does 1st place look to you?
- Per Mark Emory at MLB.com, Mattingly "bummed" about Melky.
Upon hearing of Cabrera's suspension, the Dodgers manager admitted he was "a little bummed out."
"I know Melky's a good kid," Mattingly said. "Honestly, I like him a lot."
The skipper expands further on what this means to the Dodgers.
"We can't look at anybody to help us, we can't look at the schedule, anything like that. I mean, yeah, it's just silly stuff."
- Listen to Ned Colletti speak about the recent rebuild of the Dodgers on Sportsradio 93-7 The Fan radio in Pittsburgh, via CBS Pittsburgh.
- The "Player to be Named Later" part of the Joe Blanton trade has been consummated, via Bill Shaikin on twitter.
- Night Owl Cards sounds off on the whole Melky Cabrera mess and the cynicism that spawns from it. It's a great read and well worth your time.
- Following up on King Felix Hernandez's perfect game yesterday, Beyond the Boxscore charts out the best and worst lineups to ever have a perfect game thrown against them.
- BTW, Olympic hero Hope Solo is having a book signing at Barnes & Noble, the Grove at Farmers Market this coming Monday, August 20th at 7:00 PM. Go here for details.
- Via Athlon Sports, The 50 Best Baseball Nicknames of All-Time.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *