Above is the September edition of Dodgers Magazine featuring Shane Victorino and Hanley Ramirez on the cover.
- The Dodgers are falling apart-- quite literally. Via Ken Gurnick at MLB.com, Stan Kasten fears losing Billingsley for the rest of the year.
Kasten also said his fear is "not based on medical evidence," even though as CEO he has access to all medical information the club has on each of its players.
Kasten's comment came less than a week after the club gave reporters a vague description of "elbow inflammation" as the reason for Billingsley's placement on the disabled list Saturday after he underwent an MRI.
The club also said Billingsley would have a second MRI when the inflammation subsides later this week to determine the full extent of the injury.
- Kenley Jansen's heart problems have come back, via Eric Stephen at True Blue LA. Then Mike Petriello at RotoGraphs wonders who will replace him.
- Per a Dodgers press release, Scott Elbert has been placed on the 15 day DL; Shawn Tolleson has been brought back up.
- Matt Kemp is day-to-day after crashing into the outfield wall in Colorado two days in a row, via Dylan Hernandez at the LA Times.
“I don’t know how much time,” he said. “I just know that my knee … it’s sore right now. … Hopefully, just a day. We’ll see how everything goes.”
- This homestands Dodgers playbill features Adrian Gonzalez on the cover. See it on the right.
- Apparently, Yasiel Puig just loves to sign autographs for fans. David's Autograph Signings shares what he got.
- BTW, Author Paul Haddad will sign copies of his book, “High Fives,” in the right field merchandise tent through the third inning at tonight's game.
- This is too cool! A hockey game will be played inside a Roman style amphitheater that was built over 2,000 years ago in Europe. This is like the NHL Hockey Classic to the extreme. Puck Daddy has the story. Check out a pic of them building the ice rink and seats below. Click on the pic to embiggen.
- Tom Bartsch at Sports Collectors Digest reports on an unusual lawsuit where a collector is suing Fausto Carmona/Roberto Hernandez for his loss in his investment in his rookies cards due to the ballplayers recent finding that he falsified his name and birth certificate. I should start a new feature called "Frivolous Baseball Lawsuits."
- I don't know why I find this awesome, but I just do. Via Busted Coverage we find out that a Newport Beach collector is trying to sell his life-size paintings of Shaquille O'Neal on Craigslist-- one of which depicts Shaq as Superman. Yeah, Superman!
- COED Magazine brings to you College Football 2012 Week 1 Preview: Cheerleader Edition. Yowzers!
- Upper Deck recently interviewed NHL Stanley Cup Champions Los Angeles Kings 2012 #1 draft pick Tanner Pearson during Draft Day. Watch the video below.
* Please follow on twitter @ernestreyes *
* Like Dodgers Blue Heaven on facebook *
* Dodgers Blue Heaven home page *